Jonas Åkerlund

Started by TenseAndSober, January 31, 2003, 12:50:51 AM

TenseAndSober

Saw the trailer to "SPUN". And, personally, I don't think I've seen a movie that looks this insane since "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas", "Requim for a Dream" or "Trainspotting".  I totally gotta see this flick.

Gold Trumpet

Hope that insanity actually has a good purpose.

~rougerum

BonBon85

I haven't heard much about the movie, but he directed Prodigy's "Smack My Bitch Up" and that video's pretty good. His videos really vary in quality, though. Some are great and others are disappointing.

Rudie Obias

i'm a huge fan of jonas akerlund.  i've been waiting for this film for 7 months and i have to wait another 2 months to see it.  you should check out his short film TRY which is on the smashing pumpkins - greatest hits video collection dvd.  he also did music videos for moby and madonna which on their respective dvd video collections.

edit:

he also directed christina aguleria (sp?) music video for "beautiful".

*rudie*
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

Victor

i seriously cant wait for this movie. i love gack-head movies and this is supposed to be cray-zee. not to mention Jason Shwartzman in a starring role, which is undoubtedly great. has anyone seen brittany murphy in public or on tv? it looks like shes been doing a little too much "research" for the movie if you know what i mean.

i mean the bitch is on crack
are you gonna eat with us too?

Xixax

Which voice does Brittany do on King of the Hill?

She's got an odd hotness about her... Coked up or not.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Victor

i think she's luanne, and yeah shes definitely hot. in that sweaty, fucked up, corey feldman way.

dont you just love luannes back story? her whole reason for moving in is that her mom stabbed her dad with a fork.
are you gonna eat with us too?

RegularKarate

I love King of the Hill.

Yeah, she's Luanne.
Sad Life... Mother stabbed father and boyfriend exploded.

Xixax

The Manger Babies arouse me.

Oh, Lu... Lu, Lu, Lu!!! Sweet Lu!!!!!!!
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Ernie

Yeah, I can't wait to see Spun either. I really like Jason Schwartzman and Brittany Murphy. I love Madonna's "Ray of Light" video too, I'm pretty sure Jonas Akerlund directed it. It's the one where everything is moving really really fast.

MacGuffin

Quote from: ebeaman69I love Madonna's "Ray of Light" video too, I'm pretty sure Jonas Akerlund directed it. It's the one where everything is moving really really fast.

That video is so overrated. Falco did the standing in front of a screen with the moving background waaaaaay before in the "Der Kommissar" video and Oliver Stone did the time lapse better in "The Doors."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ghostboy

I'm not a fan of her music, but I appreciate that Christina Aguilera video.  I really loved the aging drag queen sequences. It was surprisingly moving.

MacGuffin

Trailer for Spun. Click on poster:

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

ok i'm calling it now, this is lookin to be sum seriously hot shit.

2 simple reasons:
-it's great to see mena suvari being a whore again.
-i just watched a stupid ass movie (intimate stranger(1991)) just cos deborah harry was in it. she's definitely the coolest old chick out there doing anything. even if she ends up in it for only a second.
under the paving stones.

Rudie Obias

this movie looks like it's gonna be a crazy as hell drug trip.  can't wait til it comes out.
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff