before tarantino? jerk discussion

Started by prophet, May 28, 2004, 06:43:02 PM

brockly

Quote from: ewardhow do they sound like the comments of a jerk?  they just sound honest and rather confident to me.

no shit. its like calling someone a jerk for giving an opinion you dont agree with.

so tarantino doesn't want to go down the same road as Scorsese, but still shows his respect for the career Scorsese has chosen. this makes him a jerk because....?

and whats wrong with a director thinking so highly of their own work? he does his shit the way he likes it and is happy with the final result. so what

QuoteIf there's a weakness, I don't do it — you'll never see the scene
i think he pretty much justified his opinion in this line.

Stefen

Silver Bullet, just stop being a jerk. I will use you to shoot Benicio Del Toro.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

xerxes

jerk
n.

Slang. A foolish, rude, or contemptible person.

ar·ro·gant
adj.

Having or displaying a sense of overbearing self-worth or self-importance.

Marked by or arising from a feeling or assumption of one's superiority toward others.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Just Withnail

ass·hole
n.

Vulgar Slang

1. The anus.
2. A thoroughly contemptible, detestable person.
3. The most miserable or undesirable place in a particular area.

ono

Withnail beat me to it.

And as for Tarantino?  Well, let's just say the size of his head is inversely proportional to the quality of his films.

pete

people on this forum need to stop quoting the dictionary.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Keener

Quote from: VOICE (OS)You kids don't play so rough. Somebody's gonna start crying.
Alabama Film Forum
Uniting film lovers and filmmakers of Alabama

NEON MERCURY

"i m going to stop wasting my time....somebody else would have broken both of her arms"

..........................dig it?

hedwig

yeah i read an interview with QT where they asked him about 9/11 and he was like, "oh i wasn't affected by 9/11 at all BUT I LOVE THIS ONE KUNG FU FLICK WHERE ITS LIKE SOOOOOOOOOO FUCKIN COOL BECAUSE A PLANE HITS A BUILDING AND ITS JUST LIKE 9/11!!! ISNT THAT SO COOLIO?! ...snort."

ummmm

reelistics07

that sucks, that he's so dumb and all. I bet when he's  jerking off he's like "this is just like in the remake of psycho when he's yanking it to ann heche oohhhy"  
Tarantino is cool, fine. I'm sorry to say it but i think i enjoy filmmakers who have lives outside of the movies.

cine

El Duderino

Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

cine

hedwig

Quote from: reelistics07that sucks, that he's so dumb and all. I bet when he's  jerking off he's like "this is just like in the remake of psycho when he's yanking it to ann heche oohhhy"  
Tarantino is cool, fine. I'm sorry to say it but i think i enjoy filmmakers who have lives outside of the movies.

Don't try to agree with me ever again.