Video Marathon - quick reply needed!

Started by Sigur Rós, August 26, 2005, 05:30:41 AM

Sigur Rós

Hello fellow Xixaxers I'm particepating in the Copenhagen Video Marathon. I have 24 hours to shoot a short feature (it has to be around 3min.). The subject is "Envy". If any of you guys have any ideas, plots, thoughts or situations please reply.I need your creative thoughts.

p.s I'm posting it in Iddle forum because I need a quick reply.

love Sigur!

Sigur Rós

Quote from: flagpolespecialone guy like another guys girl. so he beheads him for her. he kisses her but she doesn't kiss him back. the end.

I'm afraid that won't win me the 15.000 euro  :-D

Pubrick

i've moved it to In The Can but left a shadow in Idle Chatter, so ppl will still read it, and indicated the urgency in the title.

no one posts around this time, that may be ur downfall. regarding ur theme, i did a similar exercise once but don't remember any ideas for Envy. ok i'll make up sumthin  -

haha ok, a mr bean style silent short set in a festival or outdoor celebration atmosphere. AL buys a double-scoop ice-cream and goes to sit on a nice bench. REX (a stranger) buys one after him, but with one extra delicious scoop. seeing this from afar, AL is childishly jealous, he goes back to the ice cream vendor and demands another scoop on top of his two. (no dialogue, he just has to gesture a lot and be angry).

[end of first minute] EXT-CARPARK

satisfied, in the next scene he is taking his last bite as he's getting into his car, when he spots REX getting into a TOTALLY WAY MORE AWESOME CAR, (i suggest using ur own for REX's, sigur). AL looks sad, his face drops, REX is getting into his car with sum HOT BABES, AL looks longingly at REX and then at the deflated blowup doll in the backseat of his crapmobile.

AL gets in his car, there is nothing he can do, there is no justice in the world. (maybe a bird can crap on his window, audiences love that.)

[final minute/remaining seconds] - (the required short film twist) he pulls up to a fast food outlet of ur choice

[a good transition here would be him turning they key to ignition in the old car park, then turning it off as he gets out at the new location, without him moving]

INT- FAST FOOD JOINT
he orders a Big Kahuna or whatever at the counter, receives it quickly. dude behind him (another stranger) JOE orders the same thing, receives it and it's significantly smaller than AL's. JOE notices this and complains/throws a fit similar to what AL did for the ice-cream. AL is already sitting down and enjoying his burger. JOE finally sits down within view of AL to eat his, angry they didn't exchange it, and bites sumthing hard. it's a DIAMOND. JOE stares at it, his teeth are cracked and he is bleeding from the mouf, but he has a solid awesome looking DIAMOND. AL is happily eating his burger when he looks over to JOE, at the diamoind. AL chokes a bit.

THE END

TITLE- AL OUT OF LOVE
(warning: puns may not work in foreign language)

i was thinking of sumone like Denis Lavant as AL

if u dont' like that one i can crap out another, that was fun.
under the paving stones.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Pubrick

INT- FAST FOOD JOINT
he orders a Big Kahuna or whatever at the counter, receives it quickly. dude behind him (another stranger) JOE orders the same thing, receives it and it's significantly smaller than AL's. JOE notices this and complains/throws a fit similar to what AL did for the ice-cream. AL is already sitting down and enjoying his burger. JOE finally sits down within view of AL to eat his, angry they didn't exchange it, and bites sumthing hard. it's a DIAMOND. JOE stares at it, his teeth are cracked and he is bleeding from the mouf, but he has a solid awesome looking DIAMOND. AL is happily eating his burger when he looks over to JOE, at the diamoind. AL chokes a bit.

THE END

TITLE- AL OUT OF LOVE
(warning: puns may not work in foreign language)

i was thinking of sumone like Denis Lavant as AL

if u dont' like that one i can crap out another, that was fun.

I really like the first part. thanks thanks thanks. If you could maybe write a alternative ending. But again the first part is gold.

Pubrick

no problem. ok so he's in the carpark and the bird craps on his window..

AL sits in his car, with his deflated blowup doll in the backseat, and watches through his crap-stained window as REX drives past, his top down, with his chicks all over him.

(AL's reaction here could be the pay off, the situation is funny enuff to end it on, i mean how much more envious could he get? could be 3 minutes already. but ur right it still feels like it needs an ending...)

AL's possible reactions
-he brings out a beer and begins to drink right there in the parked car.
-he sheds a tear of rage
-it begins to rain
-a combination of the above.

OK I THINK I GOT SUMTHING!

LATER that day, he's at home mowing his lawn, with a really old cheap push-mower, u know with no motor or anything. when next to him, his neighbour begins to mow his, on his BRAND NEW RIDING MOWER.. AL looks on with typical envy, stunned at the mower's roaring beauty.. the mower is so powerful that it shoots all the grass from his neighbours lawn DIRECTLY ONTO AL, covering him in crisp green grass.

AL again pulls out a bottle of beer from nowhere and proceeds to drink.

THE END

NEW TITLE: AL ANONYMOUS
---
(i think REX has to be left alone after the carpark, the final irony has to come from another character, this grass ending is obviously metaphorical as well. u gotta consider what pretentious judges will be willing to award 15.000 euro, they gotta justify it sumhow.)
under the paving stones.

Sigur Rós

I'm thinking of a new idea where one man is "envy". The idea is he walks around town and makes people feel envy. What could he do?

mutinyco

You should just burn a copy of David Fincher's Heineken commercial with Brad Pitt and submit it as "found art"...
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe