Your Favorite Love Songs

Started by myadopteddaughter, January 25, 2004, 07:26:02 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Love songs, eh?

Ben Folds - The Luckiest

Beatles - Norweigian Wood

Beatles - Yesterday

Erm...I'll think of more later...
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

rustinglass

Pearl Jam-Black
Jeff Buckley-Last Goodbye
radiohead-creep
P j Harvey-Send his love to me
I can't remember any more
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Radiohead - Thinkin About You

Beatles - All You Need Is Love

Beatles - Dig A Pony

Beatles - Across the Universe

Ben Folds Five - Fair

Ben Folds f/ William Shatner - In Love

Ben Folds - Emaline

Debussy - Claire De Lune

Thicke - When I Get You Alone

Brak - I Love You Baby
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

SoNowThen

I See Monsters - Ryan Adams

Wild Horses - The Rolling Stones

Angie - The Rolling Stones

Money To Burn - Richard Ashcroft

Crush - Dave Matthews Band

Crash Into Me - DMB

Rapunzel - DMB
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

ShanghaiOrange

Heroin by the Velvet Underground

Train in Vain by the Clash
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

myadopteddaughter

mmm, mmmm good

modage

ben folds is all over this thread!

say yes- elliott smith
alison- elvis costello
i want you- bob dylan
reservations- wilco
i'm always in love- wilco
julia- the beatles
god only knows- beach boys
i know- fiona apple

tons more.  cant remember.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

picolas

BNL- i am in love with a mcdonald's girl

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Jeremy Blackman

Here's the list from the Apple Music Store:

The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face / Roberta Flack
Sparks / Coldplay
Ice Cream / Sarah McLachlan
By Your Side / Sade
Honey and the Moon / Joseph Arthur
Bleed to Love Her / Fleetwood Mac
Your Body Is a Wonderland / John Mayer
Fade Into You / Mazzy Star
Northern Sky / Nick Drake
You Do Something to Me / Paul Weller
Nature / India Arie
Everybody Here Wants You / big Sir (Jeff Buckley)
Don't Know Why / Norah Jones
If You Won't / Jesse Harris
This Years Love / David Gray
Something in the Way She Moves / James Taylor
Bright Smile / Josh Ritter
Blood of Eden / Peter Gabriel
Love Is Everything / Jane Siberry

SoNowThen

agh!
how could I forget Sparks?!

yeah, put me down for Sparks by Coldplay. If I ever find a chick I can hoop into marrying me, we're gonna play that as the wedding dance song...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Sigur Rós

Tue West - Hun er Fri! (Kvinden med Lottokuglerne)

Fucking fucking awesome Danish song!

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: themodernage02ben folds is all over this thread!

Rightfully so.

godardian

Quote from: SoNowThenagh!
how could I forget Sparks?!

Damn, for a second I thought you were speaking of:

...they're waayyyyyyyyy better than Coldplay!!

I don't much care for love songs, but the two best ever recorded are "Be My Baby" by The Ronettes and "Don't Worry Baby" by The Beach Boys.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

classical gas

some of the songs mentioned, i don't think are love songs.  isn't 'norwegian wood' about lennon cheating on his wife?  and 'julie' about his mother?
of course, everyone has their own definition of a 'love song' and i think mine is too specific to falling in love or being in love with someone of the opposite or same sex.  

also, i realize people can interpret songs to their own liking(think 'every breath you take')....i'm just sayin.....