Martin Short as David Lynch

Started by modage, October 06, 2007, 06:58:27 PM

modage

i'm sure someone has already noted this but i can't remember it so here it is: has anyone seen Jiminy Glick in Lalawood?  i saw a few minutes of it on Showtime today and in it, there are several sequences where Martin Short plays David Lynch.  its insane.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

mogwai

here's a tiny bit i found from youtube:

modage

everybody watch that video.  i mean its not even like a 'david lynch like' character.  he's actually playing david lynch and the movie is framed with this really weird almost lynch parody/homage seemingly out of nowhere.  this is the beginning of the movie.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

he plays lynch like a narrator from the twilight zone. still could be better. he's got the look hilariously/bizarrely right, but other aspects like his voice could hav been exploited much more. maybe he does that later in the movie. it's funny how every aspect of lynch can be parodied, he's a totally clear cut character.
under the paving stones.

mogwai

i love how he says roooad as in road.

picolas

yeah the voice needs improvement but the dialogue (especially "i like the idea of..") and the excerpts from the movie in his head are pretty dead-on. lynch is almost a genre.

i stumbled on THE REAL JIMINY GLICK after clicking on a bunch of related videos: