Pearl Jam

Started by rustinglass, July 21, 2003, 03:02:55 PM

Sunrise

Quote from: mogwai on July 02, 2006, 04:54:30 AM
Quote from: Sunrise on July 01, 2006, 10:09:33 PMAny other thoughts?
did they say anything else worth knowing during the q&a session? i have vh1 but it's the european (or uk) version. i don't know if the show will air here. i've checked the website (eu/uk) for information but couldn't find anything.

The q & a was pretty worthless...more humorous than anything else. The best stuff, as usual, came from Vedder's verbal interludes between songs.

Bethie

yay. I just watched it. I'm in love with this band, as if ya didn't know.  I liked when Eddie talked about Alive. He talked about the song being about somoene that he didn't know very well. Then he said that someone was him, but he was at a point where he didn't know himself that well so when his mother told him the truth about his father he was even more confused.

ps- I want to be one of those fans that follows the band, going to every show. I'm saving my money for the next tour. 8)
who likes movies anyway

Bethie

Pearl Jam donates green for environment

SEATTLE (AP) — Pearl Jam has promised to donate $100,000 to several groups that focus on climate change, renewable energy and other environmental causes as part of an effort to offset carbon emissions the band churns out on tour.
"Our Carbon Portfolio Strategy is the newest component of our ongoing efforts to advance clean renewable energy and carbon mitigation," the Seattle-based band said in a statement posted on its website Tuesday.

Guitarist Stone Gossard said the group has been tracking its carbon emissions from vehicles used on tour and energy used in concert venues and hotels to estimate the band's contribution to global warming.

"We can get a really relatively accurate picture of what that looks like over a year, and it's a considerable amount of carbon," Gossard told the Seattle Post-Intelligencer in a backstage interview at a concert in Los Angeles. "We emitted about 5,000 tons of carbon on our last tour."

Cascade Land Conservancy and EarthCorps, which work to protect and replenish Puget Sound-area forests, are among nine organizations Pearl Jam picked to receive donations.

One of the donations, to IslandWood, an environmental education center, will provide scholarships for children who can't afford tuition, spokeswoman Marla Saperstein said.

The largest share of the group's donations will go to Conservation International, which does work does work in more than 40 countries.

Pearl Jam has aided other green causes in the past, including donating money to preserve a Madagascar rain forest to atone for environmental damage wrought by its last tour.

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press.
who likes movies anyway

NEON MERCURY

not pearl jam related, but if you are down w/the grunge scene and you know where those words came from under Bethie's avatar, then this shit is for you ...this is a fucking treasure...

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24380

Here is a quote from the Five Horizons website written by Jo-Anne Green:
"The first night, Dogs D'Amour, obviously fed up with Wood's onstage antics, positioned their equipment to ensure that he would be unable to move around as much as he normally did. Wood took his revenge the following evening. Using a wireless mike, not only did he take over the stage, he now had the entire club at his disposal. A bootleg of an excellent show at Providence, Rhode Island on March 31 captures the excitement of Mother Love Bone live."

must register...[free]

rustinglass

So I went to both shows, it was so happy dudes.... I didn't realize it till after but i cried during black last night.

Lisbon I

Set List: Wasted Reprise, Life Wasted, Animal, Corduroy, Severed Hand, World Wide Suicide, Even Flow, I Am Mine, God's Dice, Given To Fly, Do The Evolution, Wish List, Lukin, Not For You / (Modern Girl), Comatose, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Jeremy, Why Go

1st Encore: Last Kiss, Inside Job, Black, Crazy Mary , Alive

2nd Encore: Big Wave, Better Man, Leash, Baba O'Riley, Yellow Ledbetter

Lisbon II

Set List:  Severd Hand, Corduroy, Hail Hail, Save You, World Wide Suicide, Dissident, Even Flow, Army Reserve, Whipping, State of Love and Trust, I Got Shit, Garden, Do The Evolution, Sad, Daughter/(It's Ok by Dead Moon), Insignificance, Black, Rearviewmirror

1st Encore: Improv (Portugal Jam), Come Back, I Believe In Miracles, Big Wave, Once, Footsteps, Alive

2nd Encore: Wasted Reprise, Betterman, Smile, Why Go, Rocking In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Bethie

An email from the ten club this past Wednesday:
QuoteHello Fellow PJ Fans,

Here at the Ten Club, we are very excited to announce the release of "5
x1: Pearl Jam Through the Eye of Lance Mercer".  "5 x 1" is a killer photo
book featuring over 180 previously-unreleased photos taken by renowned
Seattle photographer and long-time Pearl Jam friend, Lance Mercer.

Lance Mercer had been shooting the Seattle music scene for over 10 years
when he was invited to travel with Pearl Jam in 1992 as their official
tour photographer. As a long-time friend of the band members, Lance was
granted unprecedented access to capture Pearl Jam at their most
introspective, creative, and personal moments. The best of these photos
have been immortalized in "5x1."

"For five years, I focused on photographing Pearl Jam, shooting as close
to the action as possible," explains Mercer. "Pearl Jam was a moving
target. I learned to adjust to the surroundings and never went anywhere
without my camera."

In addition to dozens of behind-the-scenes snapshots, "5x1" features
writings from a number of the band's peers, mentors, and heroes. Ben
Harper, Gloria Steinem, Bruce Springsteen, Cameron Crowe, Tim Robbins,
Michael Stipe, Pete Townshend, Kelly Slater, Theo Epstein, Howard Zinn and
more have contributed written narratives on Pearl Jam, which are used
throughout the book to complement Mercer's photos.

For a closer look and information on how to buy, go to
http://pearljam.com/pjlm/5x1.htm.

I know you're excited. I ordered mine. I'll let you know how it is.  8)
who likes movies anyway

Sunrise

Quote from: Bethie on October 16, 2006, 01:26:02 AM
An email from the ten club this past Wednesday:
QuoteHello Fellow PJ Fans,

Here at the Ten Club, we are very excited to announce the release of "5
x1: Pearl Jam Through the Eye of Lance Mercer".  "5 x 1" is a killer photo
book featuring over 180 previously-unreleased photos taken by renowned
Seattle photographer and long-time Pearl Jam friend, Lance Mercer.

Lance Mercer had been shooting the Seattle music scene for over 10 years
when he was invited to travel with Pearl Jam in 1992 as their official
tour photographer. As a long-time friend of the band members, Lance was
granted unprecedented access to capture Pearl Jam at their most
introspective, creative, and personal moments. The best of these photos
have been immortalized in "5x1."

"For five years, I focused on photographing Pearl Jam, shooting as close
to the action as possible," explains Mercer. "Pearl Jam was a moving
target. I learned to adjust to the surroundings and never went anywhere
without my camera."

In addition to dozens of behind-the-scenes snapshots, "5x1" features
writings from a number of the band's peers, mentors, and heroes. Ben
Harper, Gloria Steinem, Bruce Springsteen, Cameron Crowe, Tim Robbins,
Michael Stipe, Pete Townshend, Kelly Slater, Theo Epstein, Howard Zinn and
more have contributed written narratives on Pearl Jam, which are used
throughout the book to complement Mercer's photos.

For a closer look and information on how to buy, go to
http://pearljam.com/pjlm/5x1.htm.

I know you're excited. I ordered mine. I'll let you know how it is.  8)

Holy shit...Theo Epstein?!? As if that guy doesn't have enough going for him...he's a buddy of the band as well. Geez.

This does look pretty interesting, though.

Bethie

haha. so tonight I saw a Pearl Jam tribute band, Ten. I had such a fun time. haha. They broke out State of fucking Love and Trust. Even ended with Baba O Riliey! My friend thought I would never be interested in a 'fake' Pearl Jam, but oh, I am. His brother scored us some free tickets. I asked my manager if I could leave early from work haha.

I went up front when they started Given To Fly, and I saw two other ladies singing all the lyrics and having a good time. I kept watching b/c I knew they must be big fans. Later on, they were right in front, so I went up to them and tapped the one woman on the shoulder and said, "make room for me." She asked if I was a big fan, so I hold up my fingers that I've seen them 4 times. (haha, I should have been like, I've seen Ten 4 times, not Pearl Jam) We all sang along and had a good time. The band wound up dedicating Rearviewmirror "to the ladies in the front" They played over 2 hours!

After the show I find out this woman-the fellow fan- is from my town! I was shocked. She asked me if people think I'm weird for liking the band so much, cause her husband finds her love for them weird. Actually the first thing she asked me was my name then how old I was. She said she's been a fan since she was my age(now shes 35). haha and what a small town I live in, she worked at the restaurant I work at before it was the restaurant it is now. So we know a lot of the same people. yay I made a new friend! I'm up to 3 now.   8)

now State of Love and Trust will not leave my head

-also got the Deep magizine in the mail the other day. I actually never read all the last one. too many words.

Christmas single soon  :!:
who likes movies anyway

mogwai

i'm finally going to see them live when they play in copenhagen on the 26th of june. i think this will be an emotional night due to what happened when they last played in denmark. and i was a bit surprised the thing wasn't sold out because the public tickets were released this monday. the ten club tickets was already sold out though. yay!

Pubrick

Quote from: mogwai on January 31, 2007, 09:59:34 AM
i think this will be an emotional night due to what happened when they last played in denmark.
what happened when they last played in denmark?
under the paving stones.

modage

i think someone(s) in the audience were killed/crushed at the rokslide festival, no?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Sunrise

Nine people were killed that were very close to the stage. Pretty sure they suffocated from getting trapped under the crowd. Scary.

grand theft sparrow

Back in 2003, one of my good friends painstakingly cobbled together the best performances of each song Pearl Jam played during their tour to make a giant 100+ song set.

He just finished doing the same thing for the 2006 tour and I think he's outdone himself.  172 songs this time!

So if you're on youkanland, grab it. 

http://www.youkanland.com/torrents-details.php?id=1040

http://www.youkanland.com/torrents-details.php?id=1038

http://www.youkanland.com/torrents-details.php?id=1029

mogwai

ever heard of the movie about pearl jam in 1995 that never was released?

here it is to download (low quality, mind you)

http://pearljamweb.blogspot.com/2006/11/pearl-jam-official-movie-1995.html

scroll down a wee bit and there's three links (three parts) to the movie.