sigur ros & mogwai

Started by abbey road, May 20, 2003, 11:21:23 AM

mogwai

mogwai "batcat"

first single from the forthcoming album "the hawk is howling". this is a very weird and disturbing video.

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=40535743

cinemanarchist

Yikes. Good tune and I'm super excited to see them in a couple of months!
My assholeness knows no bounds.

mogwai

Quote from: cinemanarchist on August 11, 2008, 03:41:26 PM
Yikes. Good tune and I'm super excited to see them in a couple of months!

where and when are you going to see them?

cinemanarchist

September 13th at the Granada in Dallas.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

MacGuffin

Just bought tickets to see them at The Wiltern on Sept. 9th.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

mogwai

Quote from: MacGuffin on August 12, 2008, 08:56:17 PM
Just bought tickets to see them at The Wiltern on Sept. 9th.

first time for you?

this live version of "batcat" is also nice:

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

mogwai

new link to the mogwai "batcat" video because the other one was removed.

mogwai

"devil rides" is a b-side on the batcat ep and it's probably the best mogwai have ever done. featuring roky erickson on vocals.

mogwai

mogwai @ the grand ballroom, san francisco, 8th of september 2008.

http://www.archive.org/details/mogwai2008-09-08.fob.flac16

mogwai

mogwai

mogwai news:

last six north american shows cancelled due to illness

22 boston, ma, usa wilbur theater
23 montreal, qc, canada metropolis
24 toronto, ont, canada phoenix concert theatre
25 pontiac, mi, usa the crofoot
26 chicago, il, usa congress theater
27 minneapolis, mn, usa first avenue

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

How oddly serendipitous.  I was going to see their Chicago show on the 26th with Fuck Buttons (to be honest, mostly for Fuck Buttons, I'm not as well versed with Mogwai's catalog, but I like what I've heard).

I still really want to see them (both) live.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

mogwai

statement from the official mogwai site:

US/Canada dates cancelled

We are sad to announce that we have had to cancel our remaining American and Canadian shows due to ill health. Our other dates in Europe and Japan will be going ahead as planned. We will re-schedule the shows in 2009.

Martin explains what happened

I was taken into hospital last night almost immediately after the show at ATP. I've been having some problems with my pacemaker for the duration of the tour and it unfortunately culminated in me being sent to the emergency room. The doctors there initially thought i would have to have corrective surgery at a larger hospital nearer NYC but i have been given the all clear to travel home on the understanding that i go straight to my cardiologist on arrival back in Scotland.

Tbh, i'm really bummed about having to go home and feel for the folk who had bought tickets for our upcoming shows but i can honestly say it would be almost impossible for me to carry on at this point as my pacemaker has broken skin and the surrounding area has become infected.

Mogwai

mogwai

a really good live version of "helicon 1" filmed during their recent american tour. watch it in high def.