UC Berkeley Q&A Session - Mar 9th

Started by Trent, February 25, 2006, 06:25:07 PM

Ordet

Quote from: matt35mm on March 13, 2006, 12:38:02 PM
Quote from: md on March 13, 2006, 10:37:04 AM
just, here he is, ask him some questions get your shoes signed?  I am very jealous
Yeah, surprisingly.  No films shown.  No questions from the moderater.  He just came out and started taking questions.  Super accessible.  We were all pretty close to him.  It wasn't a big stadium or anything.  It was smaller than a lot of classrooms I've been in.  I'd call it pretty intimate.  A couple of people walked right up to him during the Q&A to hand him something.  It was a pretty comfortable atmosphere, but still always a special moment.  And that was pretty amazing, because for me, this was as big a "celebrity meeting" as could be.  He's probably the biggest hero of mine, and I really enjoyed finding him to be so approachable.  It was inspiring to me, actually.  I think it always is when you meet your hero, and be able to poke through that mythic cloak and see him as a person.

The room wasn't totally packed.  And it felt like maybe 2/3rds of the people were Berkeley people who just enjoyed his movies and thought what the hell, might as well come see him, and then 1/3rd were die-hard fans, who travelled many a mile to see him for just a couple of hours.  I guess he's not as generally well known as I had thought...  For most of the people in the crowd, this was a pretty cool way to spend the evening, and for a select few, this was a night that would generate untold good vibes that could basically radiate throughout their life in a one-good-thing-leads-to-another sort of way.

Hopefully that conveys the mood of the evening for you.  The more I think about it, the more important and special it was to me.

Amen
were spinning

Pubrick

do we need to hold some sort of quoting tutorial for you, neon, neil, and whoever else hasn't mastered the technique?
under the paving stones.

Neil

Yes, that would be very helpful, let me try right here;

Quote from: Pubrick on March 17, 2006, 04:40:51 AM
do we need to hold some sort of quoting tutorial for you, neon, neil, and whoever else hasn't mastered the technique?
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Neil

©brad

Neil

Pubrick

Quote from: Lucid on March 17, 2006, 10:37:53 PM
Ah, a profound statement from the Q&A makes the marquee...
please introduce yourself to help us differentiate you from the worthless newbs currently dominating this page..
under the paving stones.

Pubrick

Quote from: Lucid on March 18, 2006, 10:35:27 AM
Posted in the correct forum, no less!:  http://xixax.com/index.php?topic=2.525
haha, wow, i've posted that link so many times i must've assumed the magic words would redirect themselves. good lookin out.
under the paving stones.

elpablo

I finally got around to scanning my pictures from that night:'

Bethie

A couple of those kids are freakishly tall.
who likes movies anyway

matt35mm

Quote from: Bethie on March 31, 2006, 02:39:30 AM
A couple of those kids are freakishly tall.
Which is precisely why you can't see me in any of the shots.   :yabbse-sad:   (didn't you wonder why there were a lot of "low-angles" in Thomas Edison?)

Pozer