Welcome to Collinwood

Started by ©brad, April 24, 2003, 09:39:36 AM

©brad

Might see it today, reviews aren't too bad. You'd think that Clooney and Soderbergh (producer of the film) would be sick of heist movies after Ocean's 11 an whatnot, but it doesn't look like it, especially with Ocean's 12 on the way. Anyway, anyone seen it yet?

Ghostboy

It's cute and very entertaining (and very very short). It is a heist movie, but its nothing like Ocean's Eleven. It has the look and feel of an old time farce. The Marx Brothers wouldn't be out of place starring in somthing like this. Good performances all around, and of course it also features Michael Jeter's penulitmate role, and he's wonderful as always.

polkablues

Could have been worse, could have been a whole lot better.  Reminded me of Woody Allen's "Small Time Crooks", only without the boring second half.  Sam Rockwell is always a welcome sight.
My house, my rules, my coffee

©brad

was okay. a few funny parts (clooney was actually quite funny in his little cameo) seemed like the entire cast was trying to steal every scene from eachother. was diggin the score though.

lamas

The writer/directors were obviously impressed with Fargo since they tried to implement its quirkiness into Collinwood.  There were funny scenes, notably Guzman's, and the soundtrack was cool.  Other than that, it's all been done before.

dufresne

man, i really miss Michael Jeter...

:(
There are shadows in life, baby.

coffeebeetle

Quote from: lamasThere were funny scenes, notably Guzman's.

I'm going.
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)