Not more PTA's next project news again....

Started by You Never Got Me Down Ray, January 18, 2004, 11:33:01 PM

You Never Got Me Down Ray

Somebody posted this on imdb. Now i'm not gonna believe anything yet, but here's what this fella had to say:

i've heard that the new film is an adventure movie that runs something like this in at least these early stages: Prescot Smothers (Philip Seymour Hoffman) finds a dead body (Samantha Morton) in the middle of the street late one night. Her cell phone a few feet from her body is ringing. Smothers picks it up to hear her pimp (Orlando Jones) yelling obscenities. Smothers says he's found her dead body in the street and the pimp says he will pay him to take her to him. Smothers loads her in the car and she wakes back up. Trouble ensues from there. This may all be hearsay but the hear also says that it will feature PTA all-stars Julianne Moore and John C Reily. This sounds like PTA's boy Tarantino is influencing his stories as much as he is in turn influencing QT's camera movements (that over the wall long take with the 5678's or whatever is off the chain) What have you guys heard?
My life has taken another turn again. The days move along with regularity, over and over. One day indistinguishable from the next. A long, continuous chain. Then suddenly, there is change.

Alethia

boombanglarrabee

Morton starts filming a movie in February, so she probably won't be available until this summer....

Pedro

mogwai

pta has worked with orlando jones before on magnolia. but a chunk of his stuff was left on the cutting room floor. i guess if this is true then i think pta is just doing orlando a favor like he did mary lynn rajskub a favor in punch-drunk love.

Finn

Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Sleuth

Quote from: mogwaipta has worked with orlando jones before on magnolia. but a chunk of his stuff was left on the cutting room floor. i guess if this is true then i think pta is just doing orlando a favor like he did mary lynn rajskub a favor in punch-drunk love.

Then his next movie should have Paul F Tompkins
I like to hug dogs

Derek

It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

brockly

Quote from: DerekI think it sounds like crap.

i don't

The Perineum Falcon

We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Pozer

MacGuffin

It'll probably place on the next Xixax Dekapenticon.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

yknow, the premise sounds a little loose and lousy and really, I can't believe it. Then again, that whole Pudding/Phone Sex rumor turned out to be real when it seemed pretty stupid!

Find Your Magali

sounds intriguing, promising even.

I love the idea of PSH in the lead. Don't like that character name, though...

I would hope it's more of a thriller/adventure, in the vein of a Fincher movie (The Game?), than a comedy/adventure in the vein of Lebowski or Punch-Drunk Love. ... I want to see PTA try something new.