Jeune et Jolie

Started by wilder, April 18, 2013, 05:02:45 PM

wilder

Details on the movie have been kept very closely guarded, but all that will be allowed is that it stars Marine Vacth in the story of a 17-year-old girl that will follow her through four seasons and four songs.

Written and Directed by Francois Ozon
Starring Marine Vacth, Charlotte Rampling and Frédéric Pierrot
Release Date - Theatrical release and VOD on April 25, 2014

I love this teaser:

Pubrick

francois ozon is the greatest purveyor of booty on film since Zalman King.

except he's gay and classy.

if i was a teenager, he would be the number one reason i would develop an interest in foreign film. 

as it was, and as you all know, all i had was late night screenings of La Grande Bouffe.  :shock:
under the paving stones.

Lottery

Quote from: Pubrick on May 23, 2013, 05:54:48 AM
francois ozon is the greatest purveyor of booty on film since Zalman King.

except he's gay and classy.

if i was a teenager, he would be the number one reason i would develop an interest in foreign film. 

as it was, and as you all know, all i had was late night screenings of La Grande Bouffe.  :shock:

This is quite interesting because I have no proper knowledge of Ozon and I decided to look him up on IMDB just them and discovered that he made Swimming Pool, a film which I caught on late-night SBS at least twice when I was younger. I actually didn't know the film's name until just then.

wilder

The Cannes Press Kit contains an interview with Ozon.

and some videos...

Cannes interview and press conference

wilder

wilder

UK blu-ray from Lionsgate on March 24, 2014

wilder

Theatrical release and VOD on April 25, 2014

US Trailer

wilder

Now in limited release and available via VOD (Redbox Instant, not sure what else)

Clip

jenkins

there isn't a "best things i read this week" thread but hey, is that such a bad idea? mhmm, i think so. i'll share this week's here, as most of them are wilderesque related anyway. sounds like a bad idea. i'm in:

Quote from: wilder on May 17, 2014, 04:23:09 PM
Calls to mind that quote by Nicholas Ray - "It's never all in the script. If it were, why make the movie?"

Quote from: wilder on May 15, 2014, 08:58:24 PMThe way you deal with it is to be very specific with each actor and to try and give specific and personal direction attuned to each person. I'll whisper something to each of them individually..

QuotePussy Riot in Talks to Star in 'Spring Breakers' Sequel (EXCLUSIVE)
via Variety

James Franco might be about to find out how Vladimir Putin feels.

Quote from: wilder on May 17, 2014, 12:15:43 AM
The selection committee is really rigorous. With A Dangerous Method, they said, "This isn't what we expected from you." I'd say: "Why would you want me to be predictable? What kind of artist is that, that you can predict everything he will do? Isn't that boring?"

been honest about this "never forget" --
Quote from: Mel topic=shoutbox
Mel [17|May]:   http://pic.twitter.com/jIgS80S0vx

REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAM. it's a great program. wilder's review and the reviews he quoted. never forgot. unless you're thinking about pandas because that's understandable

wilder

_what in the blue blazes of hell_

For the record this is a total jenkins fabrication:

Quote from: jenkins<3 on May 18, 2014, 08:22:28 PM
Quote from: wilder on May 15, 2014, 08:58:24 PMThe way you deal with it is to be very specific with each actor and to try and give specific and personal direction attuned to each person. I'll whisper something to each of them individually..

jenkins

that's odd because i was appreciating you. you gotta command+f the "fabrication" please

wilder

Quote from: jenkins<3 on May 18, 2014, 08:33:16 PM
you gotta command+f the "fabrication" please

I did I'm not finding it?

Edit - guessing you quoted that out of context from within a quoted review or interview in another thread. The way it's quoted in here just makes it seem like the words came out of my mouth

Edit 2 - found it, from this interview with James Gray

jenkins

hmm. idk, your computer sucks. that's a direct james gray quote from an interview you quoted, which there's a link to find in the quote section of the post

at least, you're right, this is quite typical for me

wilder

I see what you did. The "quote from" lines in your post are links. Whodathunkit.

wilder

DVD from IFC on August 26, 2014