nine inch nails

Started by Sleuth, April 13, 2003, 12:14:43 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

It gets sweet, but it takes a while of bland to get there.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

socketlevel

lyrically the guy's just tapped out. and being this way makes me question his early stuff. was he really ever saying anything? NIN is one of those bands that doesn't age well for me. this is mainly due to the fact with every album i see trent less and less intelligent.

if anyone was getting into nine inch nails now i'd tell them to listen to the downward spiral, and end there.

i'd turn them on to bands with a similar mood but that are actually progressive with their lyrics.
the one last hit that spent you...

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: socketlevel on May 06, 2010, 10:20:52 AM
if anyone was getting into nine inch nails now i'd tell them to listen to the downward spiral, and end there.

And completely overlook The Fragile, With Teeth, Perfect Drug and all its remixes, not to mention the plethora of remixes he'd released post-Spiral?

No thank you, sir!

Well, With Teeth isn't necessarily brilliant, but it's grown on me since its release.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

socketlevel

i'm with you on the perfect drug, but not the remixes.

Alexandro

what was the name of the ep with the blue cover?? that was fantastic through and through.

socketlevel

Quote from: Alexandro on May 07, 2010, 12:58:57 PM
what was the name of the ep with the blue cover?? that was fantastic through and through.

"fixed"? that was remixes from "broken"

or maybe "the perfect drug" single?

how old an ep are you talking about?

Alexandro

yeah it was fixed...used to love that 15 fucking years ago. fuck.

MacGuffin

Trent Reznor making a sci-fi series for HBO
Source: SfyFy

The Nine Inch Nails frontman is bringing his apocalyptic 2007 sci-fi concept album to the small screen as an HBO miniseries. Warning: It won't be feel-good TV.

More than two years ago, Trent Reznor dropped the news that he was in early talks with HBO to adapt Year Zero—which had already been turned into an alternate reality game—and now it seems like things are moving along at a pretty decent pace. BBC Worldwide Productions has come aboard as the studio, and Carnivale's Daniel Knauf is writing the pilot.

"It's exciting," Reznor told the L.A. Times' Geoff Boucher. "I probably shouldn't say too much about it except that I understand that there's a thousand hurdles before anything shows up in your TV listing. It's been an interesting and very educational process, and it cleared the HBO hurdle a few months ago, and now we're writing drafts back and forth. So it's very much alive and incubating at the moment."

As for what Year Zero is about, it was born out of Reznor's frustration with what America and, by extension, the world became during the Bush years. And, rather than write a traditional protest record, he decided to spin the story forward. "I started by writing a kind of world bible about what life would be like around 15 or 20 years from now if things continue on the same path. I spent a few weeks filling it in with the events that could lead to this kind of time and place. Then as an experiment I started writing songs about people in this place and from different points of view."

Who knows when you'll see Year Zero? As Reznor freely admits, "I've learned that [television development] moves at a glacial pace." But be prepared for a downer of monumental proportions whenever it arrives.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Nine Inch Nails New Album Finished, Out This Year
Reznor: "I've been less than honest about what I've really been up to lately."
Source: Pitchfork

Trent Reznor's revived incarnation of Nine Inch Nails have signed to Columbia Records and will release a new album later this year.

Reznor's other project, How to Destroy Angels, is also signed to Columbia.

In a press release, Reznor said, "I've been less than honest about what I've really been up to lately. For the last year I've been secretly working non-stop with Atticus Ross and Alan Moulder on a new, full-length Nine Inch Nails record, which I am happy to say is finished and frankly fucking great. This is the real impetus and motivation behind the decision to assemble a new band and tour again. My forays into film, HTDA and other projects really stimulated me creatively and I decided to focus that energy on taking Nine Inch Nails to a new place. Here we go!"

The revived band is heading out on tour starting this summer. As reported, the touring NIN lineup will include Reznor, Adrian Belew of King Crimson, and Josh Eustis of Telefon Tel Aviv, as well as previous NIN collaborators Robin Finck, Alessandro Cortini, and Ilan Rubin.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks