nnn northern exposure

Started by NEON MERCURY, June 02, 2004, 09:52:53 PM

NEON MERCURY

...i heard this this show was heavily influenced by twin peaks...so, that means its foundation is solid..so i was wondering has any of yous seen this thing back in the day??. ..i saw that season one was released a week or so ago and i was wondering is this a worthy blind buy??>......
help a brotha out........

Pubrick

i guess the trees sorta look like the ones in twin peaks.

other than that, there is no similarity whatsoever.

it's a comedy, sort of like Ed but a bit less sunny. there's a moose, rob morrow, and an OK theme song.
under the paving stones.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Pubricki guess the trees sorta look like the ones in twin peaks.

other than that, there is no similarity whatsoever.

it's a comedy, sort of like Ed but a bit less sunny. there's a moose, rob morrow, and an OK theme song.

hmmm.......well, i guess i heard wrong then about the twin peaks influence[maybe the oddball humor is similar]...so would you lay down the $$$$ for the season dvd set..or is it not worth it??..i trust your opinion Pubrick...   :)

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Quote from: NEON MERCURYhmmm.......well, i guess i heard wrong then about the twin peaks influence[maybe the oddball humor is similar]...

I don't think it was necessarily influenced by Twin Peaks. I think it was more compared to Peaks because it was lumped in the 'quirky' catagory and marketed as such. But if you're looking for Lynchian storylines and atmosphere, this is not that kind of show.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ravi

The DVD is kind of expensive for what is provided, since it is only a half season.

NEON MERCURY

well guys, thanks for the replys......i won t go near this thing :!: