Anyone seen any good shows lately?

Started by smash, September 21, 2004, 12:48:39 AM

john

Quote from: Stefen on August 05, 2010, 03:38:08 AM
I kind of live vicariously through Mod on Twitter and Facebook. He goes to all the shows I want to go to.

Even the boring ones!

But seriously... if that's the location you secured for Arcade Fire @ Madison Square that was probably a pretty fantastic evening.
Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

modage

I was worried about seeing them at MSG which was by far the biggest venue Ive seen them in (of my 4 times) but it was great.  It was actually better than a smaller theater because with GA you could get right up front. Going to Chicago today for Lollapalooza, never been, excited to see them again Sunday. 
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Robyn

Fernando

I just saw The Wall live with Roger Waters, best concert ive been to, it goes hand in hand with Water's tour in 2007 when he played dark side of the moon.

any kids here saw him in the states? if not, you really missed it.

as a teenager I used to dream to see this album live, and now it came true, the concert was off the charts.

Neil

I went, and it was actually one of the best artistic things i've ever been a part of.  To see them actually build up the wall. Jesus. Wow.  I'm glad you got to experience that too...
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

cinemanarchist

LCD Soundystem posted the following official message today:
good people of earth:
lcd soundsystem are playing madison square garden on april 2nd, and it will be our last show ever. we are retiring from the game. gettin' out. movin' on. but for just one more night, we will be playing with friends and family for nearly 3 hours-playing stuff we've never played before and going out with a bang. and we'd like you to be there.
if you would, we'd love it if people all came in white. or black. or black and white. and come ready to have fun, please. and come early, as the festivities will be opened by our favorites, liquid liquid. yes: liquid liquid.
if it's a funeral, let's have the best funeral ever!!!
general onsale february 11th at bowerypresents.com and ticketmaster.com. check lcd website and pitchfork for fan pre-sale mid week, details posted on tuesday 8th.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

Robyn

I saw Bright Eyes in Stockholm for not so long ago. It was a concert that only an obsessed teenager could experience and everything that I expected. He was rude, drunk as hell and amazing. He also tried to stage dive from the stage after the concert, and failed dramatically. It was pretty fun. I think he crushed some skinny emo girls who stood at the front (I became quite jealous at them).

I would rather have seen him live around 2002 instead, though. All their earlier songs were much better live.

squints

just wish desaparacidos would get back together
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Reinhold

simian mobile disco at terminal 5 tonight was absolutely fantastic.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

modage

TV On The Radio @ Radio City Music Hall
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SiliasRuby

Had yet another fantastic time at coachella. Worth every single cent. Kanye did one hell of a set. Nearly two hours and had one of the best entances I've seen for a concert, a complete showstopper.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Reel

you lucky fuck. The first thing I would do if I had money would be going to one of those festival things.

socketlevel

I went to go see godspeed you! black emperor at lee's palace in Toronto this past sunday. It was great. I've seen them 4 times between 97-02. I felt honored attending their last show before they broke up. So, I was very excited to go see them since it had been almost a decade. They were on top form but the venue isn't the best. They deserve a good auditorium with seating and great acoustics. Anyone else see them this tour?
the one last hit that spent you...

OrHowILearnedTo

Yup, I saw them in Vancouver. Easily the best show I've ever been to.

socketlevel

Quote from: OrHowILearnedTo on April 27, 2011, 02:58:52 PM
Yup, I saw them in Vancouver. Easily the best show I've ever been to.

sweet! My show was great, but the best performance/show i ever went to was when they were in Montreal in '99, they were touring and selling "lift your skinny fists..." slightly before the street date. I'll never forget listening to "storm" for the first time and feeling some form of transcendence. utterly beautiful.

the one last hit that spent you...