Anyone seen any good shows lately?

Started by smash, September 21, 2004, 12:48:39 AM

squints

just played the biggest show i've ever played. In front of about 1000 people. Sat next to wayne coyne and his wife backstage while watching the dirty projectors. Soooo i had a pretty good sunday.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Pubrick

Quote from: squints on April 26, 2010, 03:10:41 PM
Sat next to wayne coyne and his wife backstage ... Soooo i had a pretty good sunday blowjob.

fixed.
under the paving stones.

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

Neil

it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Pubrick

No he went backstage with them. The joke was that he gets BJs anywhere as long as it's in the back/hidden area of a location. The same joke was made when he quoted kotte's classic confession about the fellatio that almost took place in the woods behind a big rock, he said it would be the name of his next album and i said it would also be the location of his next BJ. The running gag to me has never been that he just gets random BJs at any time, but that they've all been closely linked and in a way determined by location. He HAS to find a back room like superman has to find a phone booth, or in lieu of a back room a suitably exclusive area far away from the main focus in whatever context. Such that the woods and especially behind a rock becomes the back room to the main urban front desk/stage. So yeah, zing.
under the paving stones.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Neil

I know i'm this guy a lot.  But, what's going on here?
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

polkablues

RegularKarate

I went to go see Shearwater at the Parish (My favorite place to see a band in Austin) over the weekend and they were great and everything (I always prefer their live stuff to their albums), but the opener, Wye Oak was incredible.  Bought two of their albums immediately after.

Two piece band... great singer/guitarist chick and her drummer who plays the drums and Keyboards at the same time.

polkablues

I'm always overly impressed by people who can play more than one instrument at a time.  I can barely even tap my foot while playing guitar.

Pedro

Quote from: polkablues on May 11, 2010, 05:56:48 PM
I'm always overly impressed by people who can play more than one instrument at a time.  I can barely even tap my foot while playing guitar.

Captain of Industry

Quote from: Pedro the Alpaca on May 11, 2010, 06:12:44 PM
Quote from: polkablues on May 11, 2010, 05:56:48 PM
I'm always overly impressed by people who can play more than one instrument at a time.  I can barely even tap my foot while playing guitar.

Rahsaan Roland Kirk was blind, too.  And just now when I wikipedia'd him to spellcheck his name I read this:

QuoteAt times he would play a number of these horns at once, harmonising with himself, or sustain a note for lengthy durations by using circular breathing, or play the flute through his nose.  A number of his instruments were exotic or homemade

modage

I saw him again last night. 

He's only playing 4 songs off the new LP, (Pow Pow, I Can Change, Drunk Girls and All I Want).  He's playing 5 off SoS and 6 off his first LP(!)  That seems pretty backwards to me cause I REALLY would've liked to hear Dance Yrself Clean.  (Also: not playing North American Scum or Watch The Tapes.  :( )
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pedro

Does he always use the same setlist night to night?  Also, how was his singing?  Sometimes he's pitchy live.