What DVD's from this year are you looking forward to?

Started by cron, January 10, 2004, 11:06:12 AM

soixante

Quote from: NEON MERCURY.l.o.s.t.h.i.g.h.w.a.y.
.k.b.v.1.
.2.1.g.r.a.m.s.
.b.i.g.f.i.s.h.
and the ::fingers crossed:Jesus's Son Criterion.......

All of the above sound good.  Jesus' Son deserves to find a bigger audience.  I will hold off on Kill Bill until I know whether both films will be available together, or what.

I haven't seen Lost Highway since 1997.  I look forward to giving it another view.  I enjoyed it a great deal.
Music is your best entertainment value.

Henry Hill

Early 2004

Kill Bill: Volume One
Lost in Translation
Schindlers List: 2-Disc
21 Grams
Intolerable Cruelty
Matchstick Men
Enemy of the State: SE
The Critic: Entire Series
Freaks and Geeks: Entire Series

cine

February
Feb 10: Ingmar Bergman Special Edition DVD Collection
Feb 17: Blow-up
Feb 17: City of God

March
March 2: Chaplin Collection Volume 2
March 9: Scenes From A Marriage
March 9: Schindler's List

meatwad

FREAKS AND GEEKS BOX SET!

even though it will run me $100

Myxo

Quote from: ebeamanjust what's been announced....
-goodfellas SE

Thanks god all I own is Taxi Driver right now. I almost went out and bought this recently.

Myxo

Oh, and I wouldn't mind an uber "Matrix" box set. I didn't buy Reloaded and I won't buy Revolutions because I know they are going to release a box set with Matrix 1/2/3, Revisited and Animatrix anyway. I can see an 8 disc box set easily.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Kill Bill: Volume One
Lost in Translation
Schindlers List: 2-Disc
Ed Wood
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

SHAFTR

Kill Bill
Lost in Translation
American Splendor
Star Wars

City of God so I can finally see it.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Raikus

Quote from: chuckhimselfoBattle of Algiers Criterion
Oooh! When, when, when?!
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

MacGuffin

Showgirls: VIP Edition is in line for a summer release with tons of... shall we say fascinating... extras (and a new anamorphic widescreen transfer).

:multi:
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SoNowThen

Ed Wood
KB vol1
Triplets Of Belleville
The Last Emperor sp ed
Elephant
The Leopard
A Woman Is A Woman
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

NEON MERCURY

showgirls vip edition..hahaha.....cool........

special  agent dale cooper and  jesse .......thats' entertainment

SiliasRuby

Looking forward to all of the rumored New Scorsese SE's and Heat SE
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

cine

March
Chaplin Collection Volume 2
Scenes From A Marriage
Schindler's List

April
Grapes of Wrath
Around the World in 80 Days
The Kids in the Hall: Season 1
Floating Weeds

May
The Marx Brothers Collection
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly SE
The Leopard
Smiles of a Summer Night
Testament of Dr. Mabuse

June
SCTV: Volume 1
City of God

GoneSavage

Hey Peaches, I mean Meatwad, there is a regular edition of F&G with a shitload of extras for around $50.  It's not bound but it has everything that everyone who didn't work on the show could want.

Ed Wood - yeah right ... it's been on my wish list for years
Dawn of the Dead ... I hope they don't change things like they did for Day
Gods Must Be Crazy ... oh wait I just bought that
Bubba Ho-Tep ... fuckinA
Grapes of Wrath ... last time I read Amazon, it said color, I hope that's a typo
Mean Streets SE ... it's a good sequel, much better than Mean Street
Eddie Murphy Delirious ... a boy can dream can't he