You Are Your Body / You Are Not Your Body

Started by matt35mm, May 16, 2013, 05:27:41 PM

matt35mm

Ha, well, we didn't do well in that voting thing, but thanks for your help everyone.

THE GOOD NEWS: We made our goal! There's still 10 hours left right now, so if anyone's been meaning to kick in, we can definitely still use it, plus it'll be the best way to see the movie as soon as it's done.

But we know now that we can afford to get a bit of polish on there and submit it to a decent amount of festivals. I know a few of you on here have contributed some money, so a big thanks to you guys. I'll be keeping you all updated, of course.

And now: to work!

ElPandaRoyal

It's a shame you didn't get more votes there, but it's great that you reached the goal. Looking forward to seeing the final movie. Congrats Matt.
Si

jenkins

i can't remember why i was on matt's fb page, but anyway i got excited for him right now:

QuoteWhat do apocalyptic cults, suicidal clowns, dying matriarchs, sibling rivalries, knock-knock jokes, drinking games, Church's Chicken, guided meditation, neck tattoos and the second coming of Christ all have in common? Find out at the Austin Premiere of You Are Your Body / You Are Not Your Body.

Tickets will become available closer to the event, but RSVP here and you'll be the first to know about them.

nevermind i remembered i wanted to see his you are your body fb page. just liked it btw. but i think those pages are to generate excitement, and i think the excitement's payoff is something like this alamo drafthouse village screening

<3

matt35mm

I've got a temporary link to the full movie that I'm making available for free until Wednesday as a way to promote our crowdfunding campaign for my new non-profit experimental production company, Interesting Productions.

In short, the deal is: watch it, share it, whatever, for free. If you feel like it, you can donate to help us with our future projects, which you can learn more about on our Indiegogo page (since we're a non-profit, donations are tax-deductible). In addition to YAYB/YANYB, we have a short film, two documentaries, and a web series that we helped to produce. These have all been shot, and we're just trying to finish them and get the word out.

Anyway, here's the private link. It will expire on Wednesday, so watch it before then!

EDIT: deleted expired link

matt35mm

Just a weekend reminder that this movie is available for free until Wednesday.

If anyone's seen it and has words to throw down about it, it'd be lovely to hear your thoughts.

i figured everybody would be all over this.
but matt is definitely matting it.
very impressive movie, man. i enjoyed it very much.  i'll get more detailed later on. everybody watch this shit!

max from fearless

Hey Matt - I've tried to watch the movie three times now, and it always freezes around the 18 minute mark. I've tried reloading, I've loaded up the whole movie, but it keeps freezing or skipping dialogue/freezing etc. I'm not having this problem with other stuff I'm downloading or streaming, and I don't know if it's a vimeo issue, what I do know it that this is a major bummer, as I've sat through the first sequence twice and so far I'm loving it.......is anyone else having streaming issues? is it a UK/Europe thing? Someone, anyone, help me finish this movie!!!

matt35mm

Hmm, I have heard that sometimes turning off your firewall can help with video streaming issues. Have you tried different browsers? Maybe update the browser? I haven't had anyone else mention any problems with it, but I'm guessing that it's something to do with Vimeo and your computer/browser not liking each other.

I know you probably don't want to watch it in SD, but does it have the same problem in SD vs HD?

ono

Jeremy Blackman

I also had the streaming issue. I did watch about 40 minutes though, and it was getting very interesting... Are you sure there won't be a place we can watch it after today? We could host a download if you want. A password-protected rar or something.

matt35mm

If you refresh, are you able to skip straight to where you left off, or does that not work?

There are two different versions of the Vimeo player, depending on what browser you're using: Flash and HTML5 (more info here: https://vimeo.com/help/faq/watching-videos/playback-issues#which-version-of-the-vimeo-player-am-i-seeing)

So I would try either updating your browser or updating Flash. My memory of the Flash player on Vimeo was that you couldn't skip to any part of the video until the buffer had loaded up to there (which would make trying to get back to 40 minutes in frustrating). With HTML5, you can skip straight to where you left off, so I would recommend using a browser that uses HTML5. The Vimeo FAQ above lists which browsers use what.

matt35mm

That link has now expired. If you couldn't finish the movie due to technical difficulties, message me and I'll send you a new link. It will still be Vimeo, though, so I recommend trying with a different browser.

matt35mm

A couple people mentioned in the shoutbox wanting to see this, so I'm posting it again. The plan has always been to give it away for free, but not quite yet. But that's just because I am still trying to figure out how to launch it. I'm not really fuckin' with festivals for this one, so there's no real purpose in not having it available, at least here.

http://vimeo.com/matt35mm/yaybmovie

Password: yayb

Enjoy!

matt35mm

This movie is now officially available publicly for free at www.interestingproductions.org, along with a new short documentary that my producing partner directed.

Enjoy, share, love, eat good food, get enough sleep, treat yourself, etc.