You Are Your Body / You Are Not Your Body

Started by matt35mm, May 16, 2013, 05:27:41 PM

matt35mm

Quote from: ono on September 20, 2013, 12:28:16 PM
Congrats!  So how did you even get sniffed out by indieWIRE in the first place?

They have a submission form for this.

We're doing pretty well right now, but voting goes until Monday morning so anything could happen. I'd love to win this. We're the only feature film out of the four projects, which is a totally different ballgame as far as distribution goes, so I'm quite eager to see what I can learn from that consultation with SnagFilms.

Thanks to anyone who's voted so far! If you haven't yet voted and are interested, you can VOTE HERE.

Here's the info for those who don't know what the hell I'm talking about:

Quote from: matt35mm on September 20, 2013, 12:17:58 PM
Good news! On Tuesday, we were indieWIRE's Project of the Day, which made us eligible to be voted as Project of the Week. Well, voting for that is NOW LIVE: http://www.indiewire.com/article/vote-for-project-of-the-week-will-it-be-generation-body-edit-or-pepper

If we win this, we will get a consultation with SnagFilms, the digital distribution company that owns indieWIRE, and we will also become eligible for Project of the Month, which would net us a creative consultation with the Tribeca Film Institute! THAT would be fantastic!

Please vote, please share and urge your friends to check us out! THANK YOU!

Cloudy

polkablues

Voted. You're still in second, but it's close!
My house, my rules, my coffee

Kellen

Just put a vote in for ya, hope you're able to win this thing!

Pedro

The Perineum Falcon

Just cast another vote in your favor, matt. Good luck, man, I'm rooting for ya. As of this moment, you're 5 votes from the lead.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

matt35mm

Big thanks to everyone who's voted so far! I really appreciate it! And thanks for putting this on the front page news ticker thing, too!

For those who haven't yet, it only takes about 30 seconds to do. Thanks so much!

matt35mm

FINAL PUSH! Voting ends Monday, 11AM Eastern Time.

As of this moment, we are in the lead by 24 votes, which is fantastic! But a last-minute surge is still possible from the project just behind us, so if you haven't voted yet, now's the time!

Thanks again for all the support!

http://www.indiewire.com/article/vote-for-project-of-the-week-will-it-be-generation-body-edit-or-pepper

jenkins

done. like everyone else for an "of course, matt" reason

you're ahead by so much right now. did you surge? nice surge (!)

matt35mm

Thanks everyone! We did it!

Yeah, the project in second place made a big surge this morning so we had to keep it going, but now it's done. Whew!

I'm looking forward to the digital distribution consultation, because it's something I really need to learn more about, but I think the best thing about all of this is how much it's forced us to finally talk about our project as widely as possible, and we found that we had a lot of people very excited for the movie. It's given us a new bout of energy and excitement.

And we've still got this Kickstarter, too. Dang.

jenkins

nice!! you could have william wellman direct the story's movie

Quote from: matt35mm on September 23, 2013, 11:07:13 AM
still got this Kickstarter

mmhmm
http://kck.st/14lbkfn
think you'll make it. people here could help

matt35mm

Whew. Okay, so, I know I just asked for everyone's vote for the Project of the Week. Right now we're up for Project of the Month. Same idea, but voting goes until Friday. The winner gets a consultation with the Tribeca Film Institute. Again, this is something I'd love to get. It's a way to get our name out there, and to get a chance to talk to some folks about how we might want to position our movie.

That vote can be made here: http://www.indiewire.com/article/decide-who-talks-to-the-tribeca-film-institute-vote-for-septembers-project-of-the-month-2013

You'll have to confirm your vote by e-mail for it to count, but it's just to confirm you're a human being; there will be no spam or further e-mails from indieWIRE.

Please vote and spread the word around. It's so greatly appreciated.

This is also the last week of our Kickstarter campaign (http://kck.st/bodymovie). We end on Saturday. We're doing pretty well; as of right now it's showing that we're $2800 away from our goal, but I know of some money that will be coming in today or tomorrow, so really we're more like $1,700 away. I think we can do it but we're definitely into crunch time. If you've been meaning to pledge, now's the time!

I hope my pleas haven't been too terribly annoying, but I really do need and appreciate all the support I can get, even if just a vote/share. Thank you!

ElPandaRoyal

Voting done, and I'll try and spread the word again and get you some more. You're doing great!!
Si

Jeremy Blackman

jenkins

done. spread the word, matt is off track and needs flag wavers