The Master - Spoiler-Free Thread

Started by MacGuffin, December 02, 2009, 10:12:15 PM

©brad

Who here lives in NYC? Mod and I are thinking about getting some folks together for an Xixax NYC Master screening next week, likely at Lincoln Center. Otherwise we'll just go together. Mod you buy popcorn, I'll sneak in the booze.

cinemanarchist

Quote from: ©brad on September 06, 2012, 10:41:37 AM
Who here lives in NYC? Mod and I are thinking about getting some folks together for an Xixax NYC Master screening next week, likely at Lincoln Center. Otherwise we'll just go together. Mod you buy popcorn, I'll sneak in the booze.

I'm in and also in favor of Lincoln Square 13. Tickets go on sale next Tuesday from what I gather?
My assholeness knows no bounds.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

HeywoodRFloyd

Saw this photo on instagram, had to share it here because it's amazing. Everyone giving a standing ovation at the 'Official' World Premiere in Venice.

RegularKarate

Awwww, crackers!
Tickets were supposed to go on sale today in Austin... been refreshing all day... then I see on Twitter: "Due to unforeseen complications, THE MASTER cannot go on sale today. We are very sorry. You will receive a heads up when we have a date."

coke

I know I actually called in to work late today hoping that they would finally go on sale and then that shit happend. I hope they do give a couple days heads up when they get it worked out.

72teeth

HEADS UP AUSTIN!

Another great alternate cut of a great scene! GREAT!

Matt you sonuva bitch! Ur gonna be the first one to see this twice arncha!!!  :bravo:

Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

coke

hey i just checked the site [drafthouse]and theres another scorsese film fund screening just for austin on monday you can get tix now for it and there will be a exclusive clip never before seen and cut by pt himself just for austin.

InTylerWeTrust

ANOTHER NEW CLIP

Sexy and slow Tracking Shot.... Hell yeah. Good Ol' PTA Style.
Fuck this place..... I got a script to write.

Pedro

DID ANYONE BUY 2?!

I was buying a single, no problem, and then my thought was, y'know someone might want one.  And then it was sold out. 

matt35mm

AH HA. I remember that "gone to China" bit from the script.

These screenings have been $10 everywhere but it's $25 in Austin. Anyway, I think it's sold out.

Reel

That was my favorite thing I've ever seen... ever

InTylerWeTrust

Props to 72 for getting the exclusive first....   I uploaded it in 1080p just in case: 

I know we say this everytime new footage comes out, but THIS is definitely the best footage we've seen so far.. or at least THE FUNNIEST.

And that soundtrack <3... Which reminds me, I need to go Pre-order that shit.
Fuck this place..... I got a script to write.

Ghostboy

Thanks for the heads up - I'll be at the Zigfield on Tuesday night. And then at the Village East again on friday morning.

bigperm

I completely missed the Austin sale. Refreshed forever then was too late once I returned, still doesn't say sold out but can't purchase
Safe As Milk