Questions for PTA

Started by depooter, October 30, 2003, 06:04:07 PM

depooter

I'll be forwarding via email some questions for Paul to answer. Please post your most thought provoking, intelligent, relevant questions here..

Thanks
Greg

SoNowThen

Dearest Paul,

How many movies do you watch a day?
What are your top 3 favorite films of all time?

Sincerely,

fanboy#75 SoNowThen
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

TheVoiceOfNick

Dear Paul,

What's the definitive answer:  Did Phillip Seymor Hoffman really get hurt in the Matress Man commercial or not?

With greatest respects,

Nick

P.S. I loved you in Minority Report

Finn

Dear Paul,

How do you spend your time when you're not writing or directing?

Thanks,
Sydney
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

kotte

Lovely Paul!

What do you feel about the violence in your pal Tarantinos films? We all know your attitude towards Fight Club.

Xixaxer Kotte

Alethia

paul,

what do you love about movies?  

if you were not a filmmaker, what would you be doing right now?

sincerely,
eric ward

xixaxer eward

kotte

Paul!

A question we all are afraid to ask...

Any tips for aspiring filmmakers concerning writing, directing, breaking in etc?

Xixaxer Kotte

kotte

Jeremy Blackman

What are the chances of a collaboration with Radiohead?

kotte

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanWhat are the chances of a collaboration with Radiohead?

Mogwai or Sigur Ros?

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: kotteMogwai or Sigur Ros?

No, just Radiohead.

Weak2ndAct

I guess the most obvious question is: what's next?
- What movies/filmmakers are you currently digging?
- Was Lena originally an alien in PDL (still sticking by my story on that one)?

MacGuffin

Dear PTA, finish these sentensces:

1.) You might be surprised to learn that I can...

2.) One thing I can't live without is... (refrain from saying movies, music, television, etc.)

3.) I don't get it. They can put a man on the moon, but they can't...

4.) I'm not obsessive-compusive, but I always have to...

5.) Besides "A warm gun," Happiness is...
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Alethia

kotte

Quote from: MacGuffinDear PTA, finish these sentensces:

1.) You might be surprised to learn that I can...

2.) One thing I can't live without is... (refrain from saying movies, music, television, etc.)

3.) I don't get it. They can put a man on the moon, but they can't...

4.) I'm not obsessive-compusive, but I always have to...

5.) Besides "A warm gun," Happiness is...

That would be great if he answered those... :)

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanNo, just Radiohead.

Don't tell me PTA wouldn't do wonders with a Sigur score...