BOND... JAMES BOND!

Started by NEON MERCURY, June 06, 2003, 03:38:01 PM

NEON MERCURY

The 007 films are great-really great just mindless fun.   I have not seen all of them but nonetheless i have seen  a(lot).  I  recently bought the -die another day- dvd (which is great imo -solid transfer/audio loaded w/extras*including a Mr. Bond COMM. track) ...oh yeah the film i thought was well done also(in a -die hard- sort of way)Which brings me to the point of this post.

What are the 007  films you most admire???????(pick 3)
Who is the best BOND???????????(pick 1)
Who is the  :onfire: Bond babe??????????(pick 1)
What is your favorite Bond opening credit song??????(pick 1)
Do you like martini's?????(yes/no)

MacGuffin

Quote from: NEON MERCURYThe 007 films are great-really great just mindless fun.

The ones with Sean Connery have minds, and are smart.

Quote from: NEON MERCURYoh yeah the film i thought was well done also(in a -die hard- sort of way

What an insult to "Die Hard".

What are the 007  films you most admire???????(pick 3): Goldfinger, Dr. No, From Russia With Love
Who is the best BOND???????????(pick 1): Connery.
Who is the  :onfire: Bond babe??????????(pick 1): Honor Blackman (aka Pussy Galore).
What is your favorite Bond opening credit song??????(pick 1): Shirley Bassey belting out "Goldfinger."
Do you like martini's?????(yes/no): No.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

this probably doesnt help your post, (and i hate dragging the topic away from the posters intentions), but i have only seen a few of the bonds.  (none of the George Lazenbys, none of the Roger Moores, and none of the Timothy Daltons).  ive only seen...

DR NO
FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE
GOLDFINGER
GOLDENEYE
TOMMOROW NEVER DIES
THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH

loved the Connerys.  liked the first two Brosnans.  so, going back to your post, what are some of the best bonds? what am i missing out on?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: NEON MERCURYThe 007 films are great-really great just mindless fun.

The ones with Sean Connery have minds, and are smart.

Quote from: NEON MERCURYoh yeah the film i thought was well done also(in a -die hard- sort of way

What an insult to "Die Hard".

"mindless" I use that word in a VERY LIBERAL NEON MERCURY SORT OF WAY

it is not really an insult to die-hard  they both are fun , mindless :wink: , action films (IMO)                        * -die-hard gets more "respect" b/c it  resparked/re-invented the action genre(imo)

NEON MERCURY

MY 3-Dr. No-Moonraker-Goldeneye

007 is Roger Moore

Pussy Galore

i really liked the Die another Day the visuals are awesome durng the whole song. i kinda liked the song :oops:

Never had one

MacGuffin

Quote from: NEON MERCURY* -die-hard gets more "respect" b/c it  resparked/re-invented the action genre(imo)

"Die Hard" is more than just "fun". It also had a better/menacing villain, better action scenes, characters you care about, and it didn't have Madonna attached to it singing the worst Bond song ever and plaguing the screen with her...gasp..."acting"! "Die Hard" also had actors who looked like they knew what they were doing (stick to drama, Halle), and had many great scenes. "Die Another Day's" only best scene was the one with Miss Moneypenny; it was mindless, and no "fun"...IMO.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

NEON MERCURY

i deff-ant-lee agree w/you about Madonna's acting.

I guess i should file this film under "guilty pleasure"

modage

All James Bond Movies Released On DVD This Year
Source: Hollywood Reporter Monday, July 28, 2003

Hollywood Reporter posted the following:

Here's a holiday gift idea for the spy who has everything, including a license to kill.

MGM Home Entertainment is releasing all 20 of the James Bond films together in three special-edition gift sets Nov. 18.

Volume 1, which includes seven titles, was released in October and will be repromoted and released together with Volumes 2 and 3 in November.

The gift sets are priced at $124.96 each (preorder Oct. 21), and each title gets the full features treatment, including commentaries, documentaries and various featurettes, music videos, theatrical trailers, storyboards and other material.

MGM said all Bond titles, except "Die Another Day," are scheduled to go into moratorium Jan. 19 for an indefinite period.

Originally, MGM had planned to come out with only Volume 2 this year, but the response to Volume 1 prompted the creation of a major Bond package for this holiday season, according to the company.

"Volume 1 was timed around the release of 'Die Another Day,' and it had huge awareness and was a tremendous success," said Amy Zwagerman, director of library marketing at MGM Home Entertainment, so MGM decided to go with all three volumes "and capitalize on the holiday shopping season."

The three sets will be supported by a multimillion-dollar marketing campaign that includes national TV advertising across prime-time programming and major sporting events as well as a national print campaign in general-interest and lifestyle publications and radio promotion in the top 20 markets, MGM said.

MGM will be working closely with Electronic Arts in the fourth quarter, when EA introduces the Bond-themed "Everything or Nothing" video game, so that the two companies can effectively coordinate their marketing campaigns to generate maximum buzz, Zwagerman said. Also in the works is a Bond movie marathon on cable timed around the retail window of the gift sets.

Included in Volume 1 are "Dr. No," "GoldenEye," "Goldfinger," "License to Kill," "The Man With the Golden Gun," "The Spy Who Loved Me" and "Tomorrow Never Dies."

Volume 2 includes "From Russia With Love," "You Only Live Twice," "Diamonds Are Forever," "Moonraker," "For Your Eyes Only," "The Living Daylights" and "The World Is Not Enough."

Volume 3 includes "Thunderball," "Octopussy," "On Her Majesty's Secret Service," "Die Another Day," "Live and Let Die" and "A View to a Kill."
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Raikus

What are the 007  films you most admire???????(pick 3)

On Her Majesty's Secret Service
From Russia With Love
Goldeneye

Who is the best BOND???????????(pick 1)

Connery, of course.

Who is the  :onfire: Bond babe??????????(pick 1)

Both the girls from Goldeneye (Framke and the other) are pretty much tops.

What is your favorite Bond opening credit song??????(pick 1)

Live and Let Die

Do you like martini's?????(yes/no)

Yes
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

MacGuffin

Quote from: mogwai

The look of a man who just saw Pussy.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Alethia

modage

Bond 21: Somebody shoot me, please just right between the eyes before the pain gets any worse. WENN reports that songstress Mariah Carey has agreed to sing the theme to the next James Bond film as long as she gets a Madonna-style cameo. The project is to be released in 2005 and according to a source - "Mariah has had meetings with producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson. She was asked if she'd consider singing the theme tune for Bond 21. Mariah said she wanted a part in the new film although the story hasn't been discussed yet".

Alethia

Quote from: themodernage02Bond 21: Somebody shoot me, please just right between the eyes before the pain gets any worse. WENN reports that songstress Mariah Carey has agreed to sing the theme to the next James Bond film as long as she gets a Madonna-style cameo. The project is to be released in 2005 and according to a source - "Mariah has had meetings with producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson. She was asked if she'd consider singing the theme tune for Bond 21. Mariah said she wanted a part in the new film although the story hasn't been discussed yet".

yeah she likes to fuck things up.  did you ever hear her version of "bringin' on the heartache"?  it's funny, sad, funny.......

Derek

What are the 007 films you most admire???????
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Goldeneye
Who is the best BOND???????????
Connery
Who is the  Bond babe??????????
Isabella Scorupco from Goldeneye
What is your favorite Bond opening credit song??????
Nobody Does It Better
Do you like martini's?????yes
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

dufresne

i could never really get into any of the James Bond series.  they just became very tiresome and redundant.
There are shadows in life, baby.