Spring Breakers

Started by wilder, January 09, 2013, 04:34:06 PM

wilder

Drenk

It was insane. Mostly great (the second act is weak, sometimes, but I don't really mind.) The editing was...liquid? Something like that. It took me completely.

SPOILERs

Sad that Faith leave the movie halfway through, she was the only one with a soul...It drags a little bit from there, but the melancholy of these devil girls (they're the devil, really) is really sad...
And that Britney Spears scene ! THAT SCENE. :shock:
Ascension.

jenkins

http://pitchfork.com/advance/43-spring-breakers-original-motion-picture-soundtrack/

britney not on soundtrack, like madonna wasn't on gummo soundtrack

listening -- lol i can't wait for this fucker

wilder

Pubrick

this movie has way too much promotional material.

looks like harmony k is going all out, maybe he and his woman-child wife are planning to have a kid or something.

or he's getting back into hard drugs. either way, the money is definitely going to be rolling in.
under the paving stones.

Neil

I can't really legitimize or figure out why, but I just don't give a shit about this movie, or HK.  I guess i'm glad he gets to be so "non contemporary" yet still have an audience.   

any compelling reasons why I should, because i find that I align with most of you tasteful individuals?
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Reel

If I read that, is it gonna spoil the fuck out of the movie by breaking down its plot and shit? Looks good, but I can't let that happen...

jenkins

that writer has not yet seen the movie, but discusses certain qualities of the premise and hk's pov

Reel

Pwaybloe

Man, this movie is the holy grail for Reelist.

Reel

I just hope this movie teaches me how to be a rapper

socketlevel

Quote from: Neil on March 12, 2013, 04:50:56 PM
I can't really legitimize or figure out why, but I just don't give a shit about this movie, or HK.  I guess i'm glad he gets to be so "non contemporary" yet still have an audience.   

any compelling reasons why I should, because i find that I align with most of you tasteful individuals?

It's not what you think, they're just trying to get asses in seats. I've posted before why you should go see it, so i won't retread. if you like gasper noe, like michael man, like harmony korine then you'll like this.
the one last hit that spent you...