Van Sant Kurt Cobain film

Started by tpfkabi, January 21, 2004, 09:05:29 PM

tpfkabi

in Film Comment it said that Gus Van Sant was looking at doing a film on Kurt Cobain, shot in the house where he killed himself.
anyone know any info on this?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Link

:puppydogeyes:   Goodness, why do people sweat that hack so much? (Cobain, that is)

Duck Sauce

Im still deciding on whether this idea is creepy and interested or disrespectful.

snaporaz

Pubrick

it'll be good, as long as they dig up his corpse and string him up weekend at bernie's style.
under the paving stones.

Just Withnail

Quote from: Link:puppydogeyes:   Goodness, why do people sweat that hack so much? (Cobain, that is)

I don't think I've ever disagreed more to any statement I've ever read.

Van Sant + Cobain = My, from this moment on, most anticipated movie in the works.

bigideas, wanna transcribe the article or comment?

Link

I have little doubt that the movie has great potential (and Van Sant's pretty awesome, in my humble opinion), but I just don't see why people see this druggie mumble lyrics and play power chords, and think he's the Messiah.

But I suppose that's a conversation for another forum  :wink:

(yes, I realize Lennon [my avatar] was a druggie too  :oops:  :wink: )

Quote from: Link

(yes, I realize Lennon [my avatar] was a druggie too  :oops:  :wink: )

he also knew how to write beautiful songs,  had an hypnotic,  inimitable voice,  was a Beatle ,  british,  and most importantly  , had a hot asian chick .  :lol:

felt weird writing that...
context, context, context.

Pubrick

Quote from: chuckhimselfo.had a hot asian chick .
:yabbse-thumbdown:
under the paving stones.

you're misquoting there , mister. Damn you emoticons!
context, context, context.

mogwai

Quote from: Pit'll be good, as long as they dig up his corpse and string him up weekend at bernie's style.
i love it when people have 'corpse' in their conversations. anyways, there's no way that they can shoot that movie in his house because it doesn't exist anymore. it was torn down after courtney and daughter moved out.

Link

:lol!:  :lol!:  :lol!:  :lol!:  :lol!:  :lol!:

As a side note, Lennon rocks my hizzy (literally).

Just Withnail

Quote from: Linkbut I just don't see why people see this druggie mumble lyrics and play power chords, and think he's the Messiah

Maybe not, but his music and voice conveys pain like no other musician I've ever heard. And when you're a teenager I guess that's all you need, something to sing along to when you're way down. I can understand people who dismiss Nirvana as druggie mumbling, but they touched me.

Agree with you on Lennon, though :)

Satcho9

When Nirvana was still intact...They were my favorite band...they could do no wrong. I was truly upset when Cobain died...Then several years older and wiser I watch the Documentary Kurt & Courtney...and I was dumbounded!...

Everyone in that doc sounded fucking retarted. Literally no substance to anything they said. Bunch of heroin addicts posing as artists....then the Cobain interviews....I just realized that the man wasnt full of much else either...people thinking they are deeper than they truly are...I dont know about anyone else...But that documentary made me lose alot of respect for Nirvana...it made everyone in the band and surrounding the band in Seattle to be complete morons.

That kinda tainted my view of him.

SoNowThen

Quote from: P
Quote from: chuckhimselfo.had a hot asian chick .
:yabbse-thumbdown:

Yeah, seriously, fuck...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.