I asked Tom Cruise a Question

Started by SHAFTR, January 26, 2004, 05:04:14 PM

SHAFTR

Alright, so as many of you know...I am a Kevin Smith fan, I spend time on his board.  So in september, Kevin came on his Webboard before he was going to interview Tom Cruise for Arena Magazine giving people an opportunity to post a question he could ask.  Well, I posted a question and Tom Cruise answered it.

http://www.viewaskew.com/newboard/messages514/415.html

So anyways, here is his answer (starts at the bottom of the first column)

http://viewaskew.com/press/arena/tomcruise/5.html

KS:  Before I came here, I told the folks at my website that I was going to interview you, and let them throw out a few questions.  So here we go:  What's it like being one of the top actors for three decades, Eighties, Nineties and Two thousands?  And how do you plan on doing it for the next decade?"
TC:  That's a cool thing to say.
KS:  Well, it's true.  Three separate decades, man.
TC:  I don't know.  Just keep hammering.  I remember when I was doing Taps, I would lose sleep. "They're firing guys on this movie, I could be gone tomorrow!  They're shooting guys next to me!  I shaved my head, he's pissed!  What am I going to do!?" But now? I don't know, I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing and make the movies, and seize the opportunities of adventure and story.  And keep pushing myself to see what's next.  Next, I'm doing this film Collateral with Michael Mann.

I know this means very little but it made my day.  I should make a shirt that says "I'm cool.  Tom Cruise said so"
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Banky

Kal

NEON MERCURY

modage

tom cruise's shit rocks.  (it's cool.)
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

cine

Quote from: themodernage02tom cruise's shit rocks.  (it's cool.)
That would make a funnier shirt.

Pubrick

cool shit rock the cruise shirt.
under the paving stones.

Chest Rockwell

Pubrick

Quote from: Chest RockwellThat is some cool shit there.
dude, that's already been said..  :roll:
under the paving stones.