Dirty Film

Started by reelistics07, November 08, 2004, 07:22:41 PM

reelistics07

ever heard of people burying their films in the dirt in their backyards for 2 years and then showing the films? well, first of all, how do they show it, they must copy it onto something else right? as the filmmaker i couldnt really be satisfied by a film like this,dont we like to have power over our images? whatever, to each his own.

metroshane

Sounds rediculous to me.  Now some Andy Warhol type will do it and win an oscar.
We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.

Bud_Clay

Quote from: reelistics07ever heard of people burying their films in the dirt in their backyards for 2 years and then showing the films? well, first of all, how do they show it, they must copy it onto something else right? as the filmmaker i couldnt really be satisfied by a film like this,dont we like to have power over our images? whatever, to each his own.

This sounds really interesting.  Where did you hear about this?  Is the idea to just place the film on reels in the ground? Or to cover the reels in ziplock?