Maurice: His connection w/ the night club???

Started by kassius, March 19, 2004, 09:06:13 PM

kassius

Someone explain to me, Maurice's connection with the night club?  My whole idea was that Maurice hung out at the club all the time, bragging about how it was his place, wishing it was, but it wasn't.  But then by the end of the film... when we see everybody turn their lives around (and some not)... Maurice owns the club and renames it.

But... in the kitchen scene, Dirk mentions not wanting to meet with Jack and screw over his boss, Maurice.  So did Maurice own it the entire time and just renamed it "RodriQues Brothers Night Club"???

Hmm.

Duck Sauce

Alethia

ummm he tells people to go in and some to stay out, he instructs the waiters, dirk says "i can't just walk out on maurice, i'm really sorry"......he brags yes, he renames it at the end......im guessin the kid above me has the answer pretty right

Kal

He was always talking about 'sending something home' and showing something to his people... maybe at the end he does it so that he can show it... or maybe after all what happened to him his brothers came from Puerto Rico and he included them in the business

Duck Sauce

Guys, it really wasnt that complex. Cmon.

MacGuffin

Quote from: In the Dirk's Family Dies thread, ckad79Reading a script tonight of "Boogie Nights..."

Re-read the script and you will see in the first few lines of Page 1 it says:

MAURICE t.t. RODRIGUEZ (30s). Owner of the nightclub. Puerto Rican. Wearing a suit and fifteen gold chains.

You'll also read the deleted scenes of Maurice writing letters to his brothers back in Puerto Rico.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks