Soviet Kitsch - Regina Spektor
Gimme Fiction - Spoon
With Teeth - Nine Inch Nails
Get Behind Me Satan - White Stripes
Make Believe - Weezer
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

RegularKarate

Soviet Kitsch didn't come out this year... that was last year and I think it really came out before that.

1.  Okkervil River: Black Sheep boy
2.  Sufjan Stevens: Illinois
3.  Sigur Ros: Takk (so far, but I've given it at least twenty straight through listens)
4.  Bright Eyes - I'm Wide Awake It's Morning

SHAFTR

Quote from: RegularKarateSoviet Kitsch didn't come out this year... that was last year and I think it really came out before that.

you are right.  Sire released it in August of 2004.  I also read this:  " She originally self-released Soviet Kitsch nearly two years before Sire released it"

modage

Quote from: SHAFTR" She originally self-released Soviet Kitsch nearly two years before Sire released it"
yeah i'm pretty sure she was playing that stuff 2 years ago when she opened for the Strokes.
Quote from: SHAFTRMake Believe - Weezer
i've got to hear an explanation for this, or maybe even an In Defense Of because this album is inexplicable.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

72teeth

Quote from: modage
i've got to hear an explanation for this, or maybe even an In Defense Of because this album is inexplicable.

and "I like crap..." is not an excuse...
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

polkablues

Quote from: 72teeth

Actually, that might be the only excuse.

My favorites so far this year:
Bright Eyes - I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning
Ryan Adams - Cold Roses (even lesser Ryan Adams is better than most other things)
The Eels - Blinking Lights and Other Revelations
Stereophonics - Sex, Language, Violence, Other?
Nellie McKay - Get Away From Me
David Poe - Love is Red
Black Lab - See the Sun
My house, my rules, my coffee

SHAFTR

Quote from: polkablues
Quote from: 72teeth

Actually, that might be the only excuse.

Simply put, it's their only album since Pinkerton with emotion to it (sans Beverly Hills).

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

polkablues

Help me out... I can't make out the top right one, the bottom right one, and the second from the left in the middle row.
My house, my rules, my coffee

SHAFTR

Quote from: polkabluesHelp me out... I can't make out the top right one, the bottom right one, and the second from the left in the middle row.

top right is bright eyes - digital ash

not sure on the oether two

modage

Bright Eyes- Digital Ash In A Digital Urn
Nicole Atkins- Party's Over www.nicoleatkins.com
My Morning Jacket- Z

will be on my top most likely:

bsp - open season
cripple crow
brakes - give blood
danger doom
kanye - late registration
context, context, context.

Stefen

The Black Mountain album is fantastic, it is quickly becoming one of my faves.

A gripe though is it's more like an EP, it has some long songs but still feels like an EP, only 8 tracks. Would have been nice if it had a couple more tracks at least.

Can't find Pink Mountain Tops but will continue looking.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

meatwad

Quote from: StefenCan't find Pink Mountain Tops but will continue looking.

pink mountaintops are not as good as black mountain, but worth checking out. they have been described as the "sexy" side of black mountain, although i find that black mountain record sexy as hell.

Quote from: polkabluesNellie McKay- Get Away From Me

that album came out feb 2004

Myxo

I'm really disappointed in myself. I haven't heard many of the albums you all have listed above. Gah! Must.. get.. to.. record store. I will preview a few of these soon. Lots of you have posted favorites but is there anything in particular this year that I just have to hear?