The Butterfly Effect

Started by cine, October 22, 2003, 10:29:08 AM

cine

I thought there was a thread of this, but I didn't see one. IMDB's plot summarizes it as: "A young man is struggling to get over harmful memories from his childhood, but while doing so discovers a technique that allows him to travel back in time and occupy his childhood body changing his history forever. However he also discovers that every change he makes some how alters his future."
I watched the trailer from the official site.. it looks alright.. I want to say it looks better, because its a sci fi thriller with Ashton Kutcher and Amy Smart, with Melora Walters as Kutcher's sister. The people who wrote and directed it are the same ones who penned Final Destination 2, so who knows how this will turn out. But I hope its better than it looks.

Sleuth

Oh fuck, I was hoping this would be good but FD2 was terrible
I like to hug dogs

cine

Yeah, I'm trying my best to keep that out of my head since FD2 was just a dull retread of the first one (which I liked a lot for the premise).. so maybe they're going to make something interesting here. If Peter Berg can go from Very Bad Things to The Rundown, I think its possible... I'm trying to keep the faith...

NEON MERCURY

....i saw the trailer and it does look rather hip and glossy(like Stigmata) or something of the like......it sucks that is has ashton it .....especially with that pubescent goatee he's got..... :roll:

Kal

The trailer looks very cool... I only hope is not one of those movies where the only good stuff is what they show in the trailer... and lets see if Ashton can do something besides look for his car  :lol:

Pubrick

Quote from: andykI only hope is not one of those movies where the only good stuff is what they show in the trailer...
oh you mean one of those Every Movie Ever Made?
under the paving stones.

Alethia

this movie looks fuckin hilarious

Gloria

I just saw the trailer today, and I thought it looked good.  Ashton actually looks grown up and serious in this part. I'm hoping for the best.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: P
Quote from: andykI only hope is not one of those movies where the only good stuff is what they show in the trailer...
oh you mean one of those Every Movie Ever Made?

I've seen quite a few trailers that don't put in all the best footage.   It seems only the bad films pack all their best shots into the trailer as if they know the movie sucks.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

BrainSushi

Am I the only one who got a kick out of seeing Ethan Suplee as The Big Fat Goth in this trailer?

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: BrainSushiAm I the only one who got a kick out of seeing Ethan Suplee as The Big Fat Goth in this trailer?

...hahah...yeah....it was funnny kind of out of place......ffor me he is typed cast as the guy from  American History X.....

MacG......!!!!....got  a question for ya.....!!what is up w/ Tony Kaye???

A Fire Inside

Quote from: BrainSushiAm I the only one who got a kick out of seeing Ethan Suplee as The Big Fat Goth in this trailer?
No, no your not.  He seems to be more of a goth punk, which I kinda am.  Ethan Suplee is Hollywood's husky go-to man!
If life gives you babies, make baby-aid

A Fire Inside

What in the hell did I just do?
If life gives you babies, make baby-aid

Pubrick

Quote from: A Fire InsideWhat in the hell did I just do?
calm down. u posted twice. and sumhow quoted urself in the process.

when this happens, choose ur preferred post and delete the other. i will now fix ur remaining post so that it doesn't look shite.
under the paving stones.

BrainSushi

Quote from: A Fire Inside
No, no your not.  He seems to be more of a goth punk, which I kinda am.  Ethan Suplee is Hollywood's husky go-to man!

Indeed. Big Fat Ethan Suplee is great.... esspecially when he's a big fat goth punk with big fat goth punk spikes for hair.