The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn

Started by polkablues, March 09, 2007, 01:30:16 AM

72teeth

Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

polkablues

This must be the weirdest movie to act in ever.

My house, my rules, my coffee

Captain of Industry

HAHAHA.  Love how they switch camera operator/dog walker/RPG roles.

Marty McSuperfly

picolas

that's not even worth clicking on. or posting about.

polkablues

Quote from: picolas on August 16, 2010, 02:14:55 PM
that's not even worth clicking on. or posting about.

False!

EDIT: Assuming this is actually official promotional material, that is.  If it turns out to be something that some bored fan (I swear it wasn't me) threw together, it means nothing.  If it's really real, though, it tells us that, at least at this early stage, they're willing to let the source material sell the film, which excites me.

The Perineum Falcon

We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

polkablues

Thank you for posting that.

It looks a little... weirder than I anticipated. I was thinking it was going to lean a little further towards the cartoon look, rather than making them look like oddly deformed real people. Captain Haddock especially looks a tad grotesque in his picture. I'll wait until I see it motion, though. My enthusiasm is undampened!

Stefen

It's all recent Zemeckisy. Can't really tell much for a few stills, but going by those it doesn't look like anything special. Almost gimmicky.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Sleepless

Tepidly disappointed. I'm going to allow myself to be influenced by Polka's unwavering optimism though, and hope that the more we see the better I'll feel.

Anyone able to upload pdfs of those Empire pages?
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Pubrick

i agree with stefen.

even the dog doesn't look right. the cute design on 2D translates to a lifeless creature whose eyes are too close together.

tintin's face also seems less detailed than what they've done to the captain, which i'm sure is intended, but it really makes me wonder why go to the effort of casting Jamie Bell at all -- any weirdo could've done it (nevermind i'm sure it was a scheduling thing and bell is the modern day mickey rooney).
under the paving stones.

polkablues

I found a few more scans from the Empire magazine feature.  Not the highest quality, but I'm just happy to be getting actual information finally.

Alexandro

Stefen

Still looks Zemeckisy.

Judging by the screens, could be cool when guns are drawn and John Williams swells, but still doesn't exude groundbreaking. Maybe story, since this is a GREAT one, can deliver this film, but a gimmick from 7 years ago won't.

I want to be AMAZED. Like when I was 12. When the T-Rex was breaking out of its pen and nobody was there to stop it, that was a cinematic experience.