PLEASE...anyone know what is next for this American master

Started by NEON MERCURY, June 17, 2003, 06:37:04 PM

Pubrick

Quote from: MacGuffinFrom Dugpa.net:

Lynch Working on New Film at His Home
I was given a report this week that Lynch is currently shooting a project at his home with a small crew. Whether this is for a commercial, short film, or content for David Lynch.com remains to be seen. Just thought I would put this info out there
it's prolly that axxon thing.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

hedwig

congrats!

Quote from: pyramid machine on November 03, 2004, 11:56:15 AM
:-D  :-D  :-D  :-D

:embrace: :embrace: :embrace: :embrace:

:love:

hope he still finds the time to record those lovely weather reports.

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Bethie

who likes movies anyway

bonanzataz

hahaha whaaaaaaaaat?!?!

lynch, you sleaze! i thought she oddly stood out in inland empire. oh well, third time's a charm?

Quote from: SiliasRuby on February 28, 2009, 02:32:36 AM
Somone fucking scored....
Quote from: Bethie on February 28, 2009, 03:55:14 AM
yeah, and her name is Emily Stofle

indeed! bitch hit pay dirt!
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

MacGuffin

Does David Lynch Have A New Feature Film In The Works?
Source: Playlist

Granted, it's pretty thin gruel but we'll take what we can get from David Lynch who hasn't made a film since 2006's "Inland Empire" and has lately embarked on an ill-advised music career.

That latter point would explain why he recently took time out of his schedule to chat with Rolling Stone (via The Film Stage) where Lynch revealed in his own mysterious way that he might have another new film in the works. "I'm working on a documentary of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, I just took part in a documentary of a 16-country tour I did on meditation, consciousness, and peace. And I'm working on another new film, but it's not there yet. I just finished a one-minute film for the Austrians. They have a festival in Vienna called Viennale," Lynch told the magazine. So let's break this down shall we?

The documentary is actually something Lynch has been talking up for a couple of years now. It was originally planned to shoot in India but it appears the the scope has expanded considerably, but since we have little to zero interest in transcendental meditation, a film about Maharishi Mahesh Yogi—even if directed by Lynch—doesn't particularly excite us. As for the one-minute film, that seems to be something new but again, its another sidetrack from Lynch doing a feature. Nor is it the first time he's done a ridiculously short film. Back in 2009 he hooked up with folks like Mike Figgis, Gaspar Noe, Harmony Korine, Carlos Reygadas, Abel Ferrara, Larry Clark, Kenneth Anger and Sergei Bodrov for "OneDreamRush" an omnibus of forty two directors making forty-two second long films. You can watch Lynch's entry "Dream #7" right here.

So what could this new film be? Lord only knows. Lynch has a long list of stuff that never got made and in recent years there have been rumblings of a children's film "Snootworld" as well as "Mulholland Drive 2." Whether it's either of those or something new remains to be seen, so we'll continue to patiently await whatever Lynch is cooking up. And oh yeah, in case you were wondering, his "Mulholland Drive" inspired nightclub "Silencio" has just opened in Paris. It looks positively normal.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

Quote from: MacGuffin on September 06, 2011, 09:25:32 AM
Source: Playlist

but since we have little to zero interest in transcendental meditation, a film about Maharishi Mahesh Yogi—even if directed by Lynch—doesn't particularly excite us.

i don't care how much of a has-been lynch is, or a fraud the mahareshi mahesh yogi is.. this statement above from the playlist is more arrogant and idiotic than the two of them put together. my GOD. i actually came here to rant about how stupid lynch must be to have spent years following the yogi closely and doing this documentary and STILL believing in his cult but the playlist has really stolen the show.

so one day "they" all got together and decided that they had no interest at all in transcendental meditation and so have written off this potentially revealing documentary? did "they" all go to a TM facility and like, take a few free courses, and then "en masse" refuse to cough up the dough for the personal mantras and higher levels?

it's actually ironic, truly. because if the playlist really is a single entity made of many elitest hype-loving like-minds, then they should be ALL into the possibilites that TM will allow them. they'll FINALLY be able to become one with each other and everything more.. or worse, actually, they must be afraid that it will enable them to separate from the Playlist-Mind-Blob and pursue their own bliss. that's what lynch is always talking about, follow your bliss. god forbid that one unit of the PMB should separate and think for itself.. or maybe realise that it doesn't want to be spoken of as a general entity but as an individual!  free modage!

TM is a piece of crap made explicit after the beatles gave it up, the mahesh yogi was a fraud and wanted to fuck mia farrow. what more is there to say. the schools brought up practicing it have covered up some violent crimes by its own students. the idea that meditation centres at stategically located places in the world will reduce the crime rate of the surrounding area is ludicrous and anything that sounds like this does not warrant mention outside a QUACK pseudo-science film.

but above all this, the playlist is the bigger douche.
under the paving stones.

Sleepless

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

children with angels

Lynch's 1 minute trailer for the Viennale:

It's depressing, and will only fuel those who believe Lynch has lost it. I actually adore INLAND EMPIRE and some of what it was able to do digitally, but - while a 1-min thing was never going to be something serious - this is some egregious shit, and can't help but make you worry for his future. It looks like a particularly incompetent spoof of 'Lynchian'.
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

Jeremy Blackman

Couldn't disagree more... I followed your link expecting to be disappointed, and I absolutely loved it.

children with angels

Well, that... surprises me.

Did you love it as comedy? As in - as a silly, off-the-cuff improvisatory short humour film? Because that would seem to be the only possible way in which it could work, and for me it didn't fly on that either.
"We always do..."

children with angels

But I don't think this deserves such an oblique response. Normally, of course, Lynch is brilliant at blurring all the boundaries separating absurdity and parody from pain and seriousness; but here the imagery, photography, and overall tone put me far too much in the mind of territory.

"We always do..."