SHATTERED GLASS

Started by Finn, November 29, 2003, 10:27:28 AM

Gamblour.

I can't stand how much of a child Stephen Glass is, and how much those stupid women stand up for him. They're all suckers.
WWPTAD?

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: Gamblor not so gone.I can't stand how much of a child Stephen Glass is, and how much those stupid women stand up for him. They're all suckers.

They probably stood up for him because they figured there was an explanation for it.  Who would be stupid enough to publish false articles and think they could get away with it?  Just because your fact-checking department doesn't catch something doesn't mean that anyone else in the world wouldn't, especially someone at another publication looking for a big scoop.  Which is exactly what happened.  

The one thing I wish had been explained was why did he do it?  I don't know if any article or interview or anything ever really explained that but it was the only thing that really bugged me about the movie. That and Rosario Dawson was WASTED in her role.

And does anyone find it hilarious that Stephen Glass wrote fictional articles that were passed off as factual... and then publishes a novel that was inspired by true events?

Dtm115300

Im with you on that Gamblor. It was a really good movie though. I rented this alone with party monster. Both were good, but i enjoyed Glass more.

pete

SPOILER

I just saw the film again just now, and even though this time I was in someone else's house and the film was constanly interrupted, I was actually moved this time around.  I thought Peter Sarsgard did so well and I was really moved when people clapped for him.
The 60 Minutes interview was really cool too.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton