Spider

Started by bonanzataz, February 25, 2003, 07:28:25 PM

bonanzataz

I had no idea Cronenberg was making a new movie. This looks pretty cool. Has anybody seen it or heard something about it?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Cecil

Quote from: bonanzatazI had no idea Cronenberg was making a new movie. This looks pretty cool. Has anybody seen it or heard something about it?

well it went to cannes and all that. supposed to be pretty good. im seeing it this friday and i cant wait, being ahuge cronenebrg fan.

PS. just a warning, taz, but be prepared to be redirected by someone soon.

Ghostboy

But before you're redirected, I'll mention as I did in the post you'll be redirected to that it's a really good movie. The more I think about it, the more I think it might be my favorite Cronenberg film.

Cecil

well i just came back from seeing the film. its remarkable. anyone else see it yet?

SubstanceD

I agree that it's great. I saw it this last December and haven't quit thinking about it since. I wanna go see it again this week. It seems to me that it's a more subtle/ dare i say mature Cronenberg, (Don't worry I know how stupid that probably sounds, maybe not, who gives a fuck.) His last three movies have sort of seemed to culminate into this one story wise I guess. A new Language, a new flesh. Good old fucking cronenberg.
Stubborn as a thousand born agains avoiding questions.

Cecil

you people suck. why isnt anyone seeing this film?

Duck Sauce

Quote from: cecil b. dementedyou people suck. why isnt anyone seeing this film?

Whats it about?

Cecil

its cronenbergs new film. that should be enough  :yabbse-wink:

bonanzataz

I'm planning on taking a trip to the city and seeing either this or all the real girls. Which is more worth it?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Cecil

Quote from: bonanzatazI'm planning on taking a trip to the city and seeing either this or all the real girls. Which is more worth it?

join the new flesh, taz. see cronenberg

bonanzataz

word up, cecil. word up.

budgie

I've seen this film and totally support Cecil: this is a prerequisite to any interaction with real girls.

The only movie I've ever seen that makes familiar English places unfamiliar and strange to me. Cronenberg does for here what Lynch does for small town America. All the performances are exceptional, specially luscious Miranda Richardson, the pace is immaculate and the story continually catches you out. Just as you think you've got it sorted pyschologically, it shifts away. It also does the brilliant trick of sympathetically conveying the male fear of women without blaming the women. It's scary but also so known. It breaks my heart that it'll probably miss out on awards because of its release date, but also that it didn't get any recognition here.  :cry:

Pubrick

Quote from: cecil b. dementedjoin the new flesh, taz. see cronenberg
for the record, i changed my sig before i read this post.

now i don't know what to believe.
under the paving stones.

bonanzataz

I love Miranda Richardson. I can't say why. She just has a very interesting quality about her.

Cecil

Quote from: P
for the record, i changed my sig before i read this post.

now i don't know what to believe.

oh, its cause im also a scanner