Upcoming Releases

Started by MacGuffin, January 08, 2003, 07:13:19 PM

Just Withnail

Quote from: FeloniousFunkDazed and Confused: Flashback Edition ... (September 14)

Another bad Universal SE monicker, hopefully it'll at least be animorphic, like the re-issue from just some months ago failed to be.

bonanzataz

Quote from: FeloniousFunkDavisdvd.com:

From Anchor Bay: Dawn of the Dead: SE  (September 7)

From Paramount: Eddie Murphy Raw, Friday the 13th Collection, The Bellboy, Cinderfella, The Delicate Delinquent, The Disorderly Orderly, The Errand Boy, The Family Jewels, The Ladies' Man, The Nutty Professor: CE, The Patsy, The Stooge,
From Universal: Dazed and Confused: Flashback Edition and Fast Times at Ridgemont High: Special Edition (September 14)

sweeeeet...
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

modage

Today, we've got a sneak peek at MGM titles on the way for September and October. On 9/7, look for a David Lean Collection (SRP $99.96) including Blithe Spirit, Brief Encounter, Great Expectations, In Which We Serve, Madeleine, Oliver Twist, The Passionate Friends and This Happy Breed (which will also be available separately at SRP $19.98 each).

We also have confirmation of the titles coming in November as part of MGM's Alfred Hitchcock promotion from the studio. These will include The Lady Vanishes, Notorious, The Paradine Case, Rebecca, Sabotage, Spellbound, The Thirty-Nine Steps and Young & Innocent. They'll be available in a box set and separately as well.

Just so you know, because we know you'll start asking, we don't know what any of the above means for Criterion's current releases of some of these Lean and Hitchcock titles. You might, however, want to pick the Criterion discs up if you haven't done so yet, just in case they do go out of print.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SoNowThen

You should all take the good advice and pick up the Spellbound CC before it's too late:

http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=3607&start=90
(scroll to bottom)
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

modage

Quote from: SoNowThenIn reference to the noir box set mentioned by either mac or mod before:
Warner Home Video have announced the Region 1 DVD release of The Film Noir Classic Collection for 27th July 2004. Five of the hardboiled genre's greatest hits featuring tough guys and femme fatales including Robert Mitchum, Kirk Douglas, Dick Powell, Robert Ryan and Marilyn Monroe, have been digitally remastered for their WHV DVD debuts. Available in both a five-disc set, for $49.92 SRP, or individually for $19.97 SRP, the DVDs feature commentaries from directors Robert Wise and Martin Scorsese and actor James Whitmore as well as other film noir experts Alain Silver, Jim Ursini and Glenn Erickson.

The films...

The Asphalt Jungle (1950) - Nominated for four Academy Awards® and long considered a noir classic, John Huston's heist film about a million-dollar jewelry store burglary stars Sterling Hayden, Louis Calhern, James Whitmore and features an early appearance by Marilyn Monroe in just her seventh film.

The DVD bonus material includes an introduction by John Huston, commentary by USC Cinema History professor Drew Casper with James Whitmore and the theatrical trailer.

Murder, My Sweet (1944) - Starring Dick Powell and Claire Trevor, the film captures perfectly the sharp wit and style of Raymond Chandler's novel Farewell, My Lovely, about a gumshoe Philip Marlowe searching for a missing moll named Velma. Renamed so American filmgoers wouldn't mistake it as a Powell musical; it turned the actor's career around, helping him to shun his choir-boy image. Edward Dmytryk directed.

The DVD extra content includes commentary by film noir expert and Prime Suspects producer Alain Silver and the theatrical trailer.

The Set-Up (1944) - Robert Wise directs noir icons Robert Ryan and Audrey Totter in the movie, set in boxing's palooka world, about a down-on-his luck fighter who thinks he's one bout away from the big payoff.

The DVD bonus material includes commentary by Robert Wise and Martin Scorsese.

Out Of The Past (1947) - Another definitive noir classic (remade in 1984 as "Against All Odds" with Jeff Bridges and Rachel Ward) about a trio to reckon with – a troubled PI (Robert Mitchum), a drop-dead beauty (Jane Greer) and a moneyed mobster (Kirk Douglas). Mitchum plays Jeff Bailey, the private eye hired to find mobster Whit Sterling's (Douglas) mistress Kathie (Greer) who had shot Whit and absconded with $40,000. The film winds up in Acapulco...where the luscious Kathie makes Jeff forget all about Sterling.

The DVD extra content includes commentary by film noir expert Jim Ursini.

Gun Crazy (1949) - Peggy Cummins and John Dall star in this cult favorite, shockingly dark and brutal for its time, directed by Joseph H. Lewis. A searing forerunner to Bonnie and Clyde, the film tells the story of a gun-obsessed twosome who meet at a carnival, run off to get married and then commit a string of daring robberies across the country. The screenplay was adapted by MacKinlay Kantor from his magazine article and was co-written by the blacklisted Dalton Trumbo, credited under the name Millard Kaufman.

The DVD bonus material includes commentary by film noir expert Glenn Erickson.

Looks like its been moved up to July 7th, by amazon.  its also only $35.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SiliasRuby

Source: Digital Bits
And Warner has officially announced the DVD release of Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed for 9/14 (SRP $27.95). The film will be available in both anamorphic widescreen and full frame versions. Extras will include 10 minutes of deleted scenes with director's commentary, 2 behind-the-scenes documentaries (including True Ghoul Hollywood Story and Dancing Dog), the Triple Threat featurette, the Scooby-Doo Monsters Challenge and Behind the Mystery: The Mystery of the Missing Pants interactive games and 2 music videos (for Big Brovaz' Thank You Falletin Me Be Mice Elf Again and Simple Plan's Don't Wanna Think About You).
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

A Matter Of Chance

Quote from: SiliasRubySource: Digital Bits
And Warner has officially announced the DVD release of Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed for 9/14 (SRP $27.95). The film will be available in both anamorphic widescreen and full frame versions. Extras will include 10 minutes of deleted scenes with director's commentary, 2 behind-the-scenes documentaries (including True Ghoul Hollywood Story and Dancing Dog), the Triple Threat featurette, the Scooby-Doo Monsters Challenge and Behind the Mystery: The Mystery of the Missing Pants interactive games and 2 music videos (for Big Brovaz' Thank You Falletin Me Be Mice Elf Again and Simple Plan's Don't Wanna Think About You).

I've been waiting so long for this! Man, thanks xixax.

Ravi

http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=4046&n=1&burl=

Title: Bill Cosby Himself
Starring: Bill Cosby
Released: 10th August 2004
SRP: $14.98

Further Details
Fox Home Entertainment has announced the region one release of Bill Cosby Himself which is a new disc featuring Bill Cosby's 1983 stand-up performance in Ontario, Canada. This two-hour show will be available for the first time on DVD from the 10th August this year, and should retail at around $14.98. You can expect both widescreen and full screen presentations to be included on the disc, along with the theatrical trailer for the show.

(see link for cover)

MacGuffin

News on a "Clerks" 3-Disc Anniversary Edition!!

For years, fans have craved a Special Edition, and it seems now to mark it's 10 anniversary, Director Kevin Smith and Buena Vista Home Entertainment will release a 3-disc set, for the cult favourite, Clerks. Although nothing official can be confirmed from Buena, DavisDVD.com got their hands on some news today on the set. Take it for what it's worth for now, but these preliminary specs do sound quite genuine.

Here's what to expect: a new and badly-needed anamorphic transfer (from new high def master), a patented View Askew audio commentary track (featuring Smith and his usual suspects), deleted scenes, a new documentary and behind-the-scenes footage, the three-hour (!) Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back documentary "Oh, What a Lovely Tea Party," footage from the recent reunion screening and Q&A session at LA's Arclight Cinema, trailers and promotional material and tons more.

They list September 14, 2004 as the release date, and if true, would be released on the same day as another Smith film, the recent Jersey Girl.

For anyone who wants to take a look at the rest of the article, go here. The article also mentions that there will be an available branching feature, with the never-filmed "funeral party" sequence, readded into the film as a cartoon sequence.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Find Your Magali

Quote from: Ravihttp://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=4046&n=1&burl=

Title: Bill Cosby Himself
Starring: Bill Cosby
Released: 10th August 2004
SRP: $14.98

Man, I must have watched that 100 times on HBO as a kid.  :lol:

I have it all memorized, from "Come here. Here. Here. Here. Here. Come HERE!" to "Dad is great. Give us the chocolate cake."

Classic Cosby.

Ravi

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: Find Your Magali"Dad is great. Give us the chocolate cake."

My friend's band used to do an arrangement of that song at their gigs.

Just Withnail

Me:  :-D

My wallet:  :cry:

Warner Bros. has finally officially revealed that they'll street a 9-film DVD box set, The Alfred Hitchcock Signature Collection, on 9/7 (SRP $99.92). The set will include 7 new titles (Dial M for Murder, Foreign Correspondent, Suspicion, The Wrong Man, Stage Fright, I Confess and Mr. and Mrs. Smith) which will also be available separately for $19.97 each. The set will also include a 2-disc Strangers on a Train: Special Edition ($26.99 separately) and the previously released North by Northwest: Special Edition. All will feature documentaries and other extras.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: WithnailMe:  :-D

My wallet:  :cry:

Warner Bros. has finally officially revealed that they'll street a 9-film DVD box set, The Alfred Hitchcock Signature Collection, on 9/7 (SRP $99.92). The set will include 7 new titles (Dial M for Murder, Foreign Correspondent, Suspicion, The Wrong Man, Stage Fright, I Confess and Mr. and Mrs. Smith) which will also be available separately for $19.97 each. The set will also include a 2-disc Strangers on a Train: Special Edition ($26.99 separately) and the previously released North by Northwest: Special Edition. All will feature documentaries and other extras.

Any word if they're going to stick the 3D version of Dial M on the disc?