Nocturnal Animals

Started by wilder, September 15, 2016, 03:31:21 PM

wilder

A successful Los Angeles art-gallery owner's idyllic life is marred by the constant traveling of her handsome second husband. While he is away, she is shaken by the arrival of a manuscript written by her first husband, who she has not seen in years. The manuscript tells the story of a teacher who finds a trip with his family turning into a nightmare. As Susan reads the book, it forces her to examine her past and confront some dark truths.

Written and Directed by Tom Ford
Starring Amy Adams, Jake Gyllenhaal, Michael Shannon, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Isla Fisher, and Ellie Bamber
Release Date - November 4th/23rd, 2016

Something Spanish

What an unbelievably bad movie, I was stunned...by how pretentious it was. How could anybody give a lick about the story within the story? I couldn't care less, which in turn made me care less about the backstory and the present day BS. I laughed many a times at the absurdity of what was unfolding on the big screen, especially the end. The flick is indeed all style. Style is all it has. Well, some good performances too, but mainly style. What a disappointment.