Lost (spoilers)

Started by MacGuffin, October 07, 2004, 01:10:26 AM

Tictacbk

Boo episodes doubling back on themselves...

Hooray for sharks.

These last two episodes would've made a sweet 2 hour long premiere.

RegularKarate

Quote from: TictacbkBoo episodes doubling back on themselves...

This was my favorite element of it... I was really pleased that we haven't hardly moved past the end of episode one.  In fact I see them doing this in the next episode too, as long as they don't take it to far, I'd dig it.

anyone notice the tail of the shark?

Tictacbk

spoiler i guess....

hell yea i noticed the tail of the shark with that symbol or something  close to that symbol that was all over the hatch.  What do you think that countdown was?  And who was Desmond waiting for?  And who is sick? and what did one snowman say to the other snowman?

man i like this episode more and more by the minute.

edison

Well, that sickness desmond is talking about is probably what rousseau was talking about when she said her group all got sick and started dying.

i totally missed that symbol on the shark tail, but then to me the whole episode was really dark, probably just the tv

That countdown thing was really creepy, 108, which by the way is the sum of the numbers

Good start to the season overall

MacGuffin

Quote from: Tictacbkand what did one snowman say to the other snowman?

Do you smell carrots?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: TictacbkThese last two episodes would've made a sweet 2 hour long premiere.

Along with next week's episode, it would have made an even sweeter 3 hour long premiere.

Kal

Quote from: hacksparrow
Quote from: TictacbkThese last two episodes would've made a sweet 2 hour long premiere.

Along with next week's episode, it would have made an even sweeter 3 hour long premiere.

Maybe show the whole season in back to back episodes... that would be nice... if not just think that the season will last until May... thats 20 more episodes in more than 6 months!

edison

polkablues

Quote from: edisonHere's what the numbers mean:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sh/47743274/

Maybe that's what they mean, but what do they mean?
My house, my rules, my coffee

Kal

Wow... how they came up with all this is incredible... I love this show

I saw the shark tale too... its too much... I want some damn answers!

Gamblour.

Quote from: RegularKarate
Quote from: TictacbkBoo episodes doubling back on themselves...

This was my favorite element of it... I was really pleased that we haven't hardly moved past the end of episode one.  In fact I see them doing this in the next episode too, as long as they don't take it to far, I'd dig it.

anyone notice the tail of the shark?

I agree, I absolutely loved that we got to see the same stuff from different perspectives. I mean, the show moved slow enough last season, at least they're making it interesting with varying perspectives. and we still get more information instead of just one collective getting the same information at once.
WWPTAD?

modage

i just finished season one last night.  watched the 2 fromt his season today and now i'm caught up.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

matt35mm

http://homepage.mac.com/mprieve/.Public/lost.mpg

A promo for Lost for the UK, directed by David LaChappelle.  Quite odd and wonderful.

edison

Quote from: edison in JulyCheck out the new season 1 promo from the UK:

http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/L/lost/

Directed by David LaChapelle

Kinda weird but I like it and there is another one here with portishead music:

http://trent.blogspot.com/

A little late on that one bud

Gamblour.

Hmm, I can't believe I'm saying this but I wish they held back on some of the info they gave. It was like three episodes worth. I mean, I guess I can't complain, I got some answer, but I like it divvied out in smaller bits.

SPOILERS:

Desmond's a great character, hope he sticks around longer.

I can't believe they showed Jin speaking english in next week's episode. First of all, that's a big reveal for a "next on..." clip. Secondly, WHY the fuck is he speaking english all of a sudden? Why would he hide it?

Here's my theory: So, the film explained that it's a big experiment, somewhat. I think maybe the island crashed the plane, and that the two groups of people are the experiment. One formed a pseudo-utopia, where it's not entirely hostile. The other group, the tail end of the plane, formed a very hostile group. Maybe a Lord of the Flies thing. They're polar opposite groups. I dunno, that would be a dull way to do it. But maybe it'll be cool.
WWPTAD?