instances where the CD is better than live

Started by pete, June 14, 2005, 05:37:18 PM

pete

I think it's pretty much undisputable that in most cases, there is nothing like seeing an act live.  when you listen to the recording, no matter how well-recorded and how good the speakers, it's still just "information" recorded on some kind of data disc.  there is no energy from the performers nor the audience nor the vibe to feed off of.
that being said, do you think there are instances where a CD version of a song is better than the same song performed live?
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Sigur Rós

Gamblour.

When I saw the Mars Volta, I recall becoming incredibly impatient and frustrated and claustrophobic as their "jams" went on and on and on for Cassandra Gemini. Which sucks because I love that song and the whole cd. Then again, the rest of their stuff is ten times better live.
WWPTAD?

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Gamblor Posts DrunkWhen I saw the Mars Volta, I recall becoming incredibly impatient and frustrated and claustrophobic as their "jams" went on and on and on for Cassandra Gemini. Which sucks because I love that song and the whole cd. Then again, the rest of their stuff is ten times better live.

Your drunk!

Stefen

Going to a mars volta show is the worst cause they will do stupid stuff like banging a bass drum every 19 seconds for 10 minutes. They rock at times but then go off on these long ass boring lulls that just make you BOREDDDD. I hate seeing them live, hate it.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Stefen Posts DrunkerGoing to a mars volta show is the worst cause they will do stupid stuff like banging a bass drum every 19 seconds for 10 minutes. They rock at times but then go off on these long ass boring lulls that just make you BOREDDDD. I hate seeing them live, hate it.

I like when you say that. Makes me feel ok because I'm not gonna see them this summer.

Stefen

Quote from: Sigur
Quote from: Stefen Posts DrunkerGoing to a mars volta show is the worst cause they will do stupid stuff like banging a bass drum every 19 seconds for 10 minutes. They rock at times but then go off on these long ass boring lulls that just make you BOREDDDD. I hate seeing them live, hate it.

I like when you say that. Makes me feel ok because I'm not gonna see them this summer.

And another thing to make you feel better bout it, ya stud. There are never any girls at mars volta shows. Just a bunch of meatheads and dumb ass emo chicks that aernt easy at all.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Stefen Posts Drunkerdumb ass emo chicks that aernt easy at all.

You probably haven't talked to any emo girls, then.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Stefen

Quote from: Walrus

I try, but i'm not emo so I get nowhere. Even when I bust out the best lines like "Wow, you are beautiful. This new found smile I have encounterd brings me new found glory" It just don't work.

deathnotronic

Quote from: Stefen Posts Drunker
Quote from: Walrus

I try, but i'm not emo so I get nowhere. Even when I bust out the best lines like "Wow, you are beautiful. This new found smile I have encounterd brings me new found glory" It just don't work.

hahahahahah. amazing.