Tom Waits

Started by meatwad, June 20, 2003, 11:13:00 AM

meatwad

the new album "Real Gone" is available on soulseek now. get it. it's really good

and why is rhazel on all these good albums all of a sudden?

GoneSavage

Apparently he is charging an arm and a leg for tickets on his UK tour.

phil marlowe

i like it alot so far. it seems he's going back to the style of bone machine again which is good but this is even trashier. the man says it's a dance record - how fucked up(great) is that!

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

cine

Quote from: GoneSavageApparently he is charging an arm and a leg for tickets on his UK tour.
This just in: Tom Waits Hates Lepers

phil marlowe

sup tremoloslobhsleuth  

:!:

kotte

cowboykurtis

just watched one from the heart -- waits was the best part of it, along with stararro -- everything else was pretty awful , ambitious  but underwhelming -- it still puzzles me why coppola casted fred forrest -- very mis-cast film in my opinion -- could've been something more with different talent in front of the lens.
...your excuses are your own...

hedwig

I love Tom Waits. I can't decide whose hair I think is the coolest, though:

David Lynch
Wes Anderson (pre-Life Aquatic)
Jim Jarmusch

or...

Tom Waits?

ya thoughts?

kotte

Waits ofcourse...

he's fucking rolemodel...a more original artist out there doing is own thing is hard to find.

the best hair is fire or if you were created from wood; a stained peeled back bark

hedwig

Quote from: kotteWaits ofcourse...

he's fucking rolemodel...a more original artist out there doing is own thing is hard to find.

But do you really think he's got cooler hair than Jim Jarmusch?!

Dude....

Hmm.

My favorite Waits album so far is Small Change -- "The Piano Has Been Drinking," classic, hilarious, beautiful. And of course, my favorite, "Invitation to the Blues." So heartbreaking. I love Tom Waits.

GoneSavage

Quote from: kotteWaits ofcourse...

yeah.

I will still find a way to see him despite his outrageous ticket prices.  What a bummer that is.  (70 pounds before service in England)

meatwad

Tom Waits is planning a US Tour for '05 as we speak. The shows in Europe are selling out quickly i hear, and his show one US show for '04, in Seattle, sold out in 5 minutes i heard

also found this...

09/29/2004- TOM WAITS RECORDS WITH EELS:
The rumors are true. As stated in the official bio for Tom Waits' new album "Real Gone," Tom Waits and the EELS have collaborated on a track for the upcoming EELS album, "BLINKING LIGHTS and Other Revelations," due out in 2005.

//www.eelstheband.com

RegularKarate

I've heard a rumor that he won't ever play Austin again because someone wouldn't let his manager into the club or something.  Very rumory and beyond second hand... I hope it's not true.