Batman Begins

Started by ©brad, February 19, 2003, 01:10:29 PM

Find Your Magali

I put the news that Bale got the job as Batman over in the Christian Bale thread....

modage

hmm, not sure how i feel about Bale as Batman.  his lips bother me. so does his "american accent", although maybe i'm just hearing the yuppie from american psycho when i think of it.

ALSO AICN says they have it confirmed that Ras Al Ghul will definitely be a villain in the film, though there may be a possibility of a small part to be played by the Scarecrow. Also the film will have a good deal to do with London this time out.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

meatwad

i think bale will be a good batman. Better then Val Kilmer

Banky

i dont really see him playing the caped crusader.  He has more of a villain look to him.  I was looking forward to a younger Batman, oh well.

Halle Berry is Catwoman right?  Would be wierd if Pfeiffer was in the Nolans flick.

Sleuth

I think he'll do great as Batman

I'm still kind of sad for the others who didn't get the part, though
I like to hug dogs

Find Your Magali

Quote from: tremoloslothI think he'll do great as Batman

Even Ashton Kutcher?

Banky

Quote from: Find Your Magali
Quote from: tremoloslothI think he'll do great as Batman

Even Ashton Kutcher?

i was going to post a Dude wheres My car/ Batman joke that just came to me but im not gonna anymore

Sleuth

No, I mean from the last batch that was being considered.
I like to hug dogs

Ghostboy

I think Bale's a great choice for this movie. If they were still making Batman Year One, I'd have been rooting for Cillian Murphy.

MacGuffin

SCOOP: BATMAN insider spills secrets
The villain is immortal *Some Story Spoilers - Read At Own Risk*
Source: Cinescape

With the announcement this week of Christian Bale playing Batman, things are heating up now for Warner Bros. to get the new Bat movie greenlighted and going.

We've heard from a source about what sort of secrets the BATMAN production is keeping, and we'd like to share them with you today. Things like who the bad guy is, when this Bat-film takes place in the character's continuity, and why Bale may have won the role over other, older contenders.

"Think of Nolan's film as 'Gothamville,' the Batman version of SMALLVILLE. The entire cast is believed to be made up of young people. Warner Brothers looked across town to Culver City (Sony) and realized they needed to go SPIDER-MAN and cast young."

Bale is 29-years-old, the youngest actor to don the cowl and cape in the film series since it began back in 1988.

The majority of David Goyer's script, which no one has seen yet, is believed to take place in London and a desert locale. According to our scooper the film's primary villain is R'as al Ghul, literally the "Demon's Head" in Arabic, an immortal man seeking to save the world by controlling it. If the Joker is the dark opposite of Batman, chaos over order, insanity over reason, R'as al Ghul is the penultimate version of what drove a young Bruce Wayne to become a protector of the innocent. If Batman was born from the deaths of Bruce's parents and his drive to stop needless violence, R'as al Ghul seeks to save the world from destruction, war and obliteration by taking it over.

The villain achieves a kind of immortality by using a device called the Lazarus Pit to rejuvinate his aged body. This way R'as can watch the seeds of his many strategies bear fruit over the coming decades. R'as also admired the Batman and his mission, and in fact sought to make him his heir by marrying his daughter, Talia. He also controls a vast army of killers the world over known as the League of Assassins.

How much of R'as al Ghul's comic book origin story has been brought into Goyer's script remains unknown.

Part of our information is being corroborated by Ain't It Cool News. That site also claims that the film's villain is R'as al Ghul and that part of the film takes place in London.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Derek

While the first Batman is one of my favorite movies and Nicholson was the perfect Joker, I hope they don't go the route of bringing in a superstar for the villain roles in this picture. In fact, I hope they keep it to just one villain.

That said, so far, every decision is coming up aces. Can't wait.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

Gold Trumpet

Much better villian than the Scarecrow. I always thought the Scarecrow was the dorkiest criminal ever, besides Mr. Freeze. I always liked R'as al Ghul as a criminal on the animated series because batman and him both seemed like competitors on a mature level and trying to out out think and out match the other. And of course, a different storyline compared to the usual batman story. This can easily be botched and made silly or pretensious, but lets hope not.

~rougerum

modage

in the desert and in london?  younger cast?  uhh, thats not batman.  this is starting to terrify me.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Derek

They're taking a leap and using some imagination in the storyline. It's to be commended and it's refreshing.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

modage

they're trying to make batman into spiderman to make more money.  and thats not what batman is.  and its to be worried over and pissed off at.