The 83rd Annual Academy Awards

Started by MacGuffin, March 25, 2010, 01:01:48 PM

Fernando

Quote from: Pozer on January 25, 2011, 08:14:10 PM
YES! good call, ferninand. that was the aboslute best ever last year. p-p-p-please make it happen again.

since that request fell into deaf p-ears, I tried to find them all but didn't, so some of them are just clips or trailers, Gruffalo is on hulu and since I cant access from my location I dont know if it's the whole thing or not.

guys, if you happen to find the full shorts I didn't please post them.

ANIMATED

5.16min

Gruffalo

clip only.

15min

11.04min

LIVE ACTION

3.44min

clip only.

trailer.

Na Wewe trailer.

Wish 143 22.54min

RegularKarate

Stefen

Tonights a good night for a drunkathon what with the Oscars and the Knicks/Heat game. I'll be doing that if anyone wants to join me here.

I'm calling a Kings Speech sweep. A great year in film and the proper British Oscar bait is going to win everything. Just wait. Also, Annette Bening will beat NatPo. JUST WAIT!
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pas

Sucks that I drank so much last night that hte mere thought of alcohol is....

Crossing fingers for Incendies to win foreign!

Reel

I would normally be with you, but I have a stomach bug and you can't drink beer on a stomach bug  yabbse-sad:

it's gonna be a sad year, none of the movies I like will be winning, but I'm trying to focus on the positive.

Sleepless

Almost done with the first bottle of wine of the night. I'll be on here every so often. Let's hope JF & AH are entertaining.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Stefen

Stomach bugs, hangovers, psh. Nerds.

Alright, Sleepless is in. Cool.

You know, this red carpet stuff always cracks me up. Celebrities take themselves so seriously, but they try and pretend like they don't. Like when they're being interviewed, they'll be self-deprecating, but not TOO self-deprecating. Cracks me up. Like one of their big flaws will be how they are never on time. You have bigger flaws than that!
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Sleepless

Got me all caught up in the excitement with the Gone With The Wind, Titanic moment... Building up the importance of the art direction award as a sign of who might win best picture. Alice in Fucking Wonderland.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Stefen

^lol. yeah, fail when Alice in Wonderland wins the first award at a prestigious awards show.

FISTER wins cinematography. Was hoping Deakins would get it.

Sleepless

Can we have more Kirk Douglas please? Jeez...

Stefen

haha, I thought Kirk was awesome. He didn't give an eff.

Stefen

TS3 for best animated feature. Well deserved.

Sleepless

Brolin and Bardem's suites provided by Kentucky Fried Chicken.

Stefen

Boo. Dogtooth loses best foreign film to some other movie.

I pay attention to international cinema all year long but when they announce the best foreign films, I had never heard of any of them. Happens EVERY year. What's up with that?

Stefen

Bale wins best supporting.

So glad Kings Speech is losing everything.

EDIT: Wack. New page. Now I'm the guy who says Kings Speech loses everything right before they win it all. Let's move this page quick.