Kill Bill trailer

Started by MacGuffin, January 08, 2003, 03:02:30 PM

©brad

Yeah, the interview is fucking gibberish.

bonanzataz

This will give you an idea as to how the movie's probably going to be like...

BLACK LABEL GAMES AND QUENTIN TARANTINO PARTNER TO PRODUCE A "KILL BILL" VIDEO GAME

Miramax Films and Black Label Games Sign Co-Marketing Deal to Cross-Promote "Kill Bill" Franchise

Black Label Games has signed an agreement to license the interactive rights to Quentin Tarantino's ("Pulp Fiction," "Reservoir Dogs") upcoming Miramax film "Kill Bill."

Slated for theatrical release in October 2003, "Kill Bill," which is being produced by Lawrence Bender through their A Band Apart production company, will star Uma Thurman ("Pulp Fiction," "Beautiful Girls") and Lucy Liu ("Charlie's Angels," "Ally McBeal"). Black Label Games will develop, produce and publish at least one video game based on "Kill Bill" for next generation consoles and the PC, with Tarantino serving as creative consultant on the project and providing exclusive film footage for the game's development.

"The combination of our creative and technology teams coupled with Quentin's vision promises to deliver a high-quality interactive entertainment experience," said Jim Wilson, president of Black Label Games. "We are excited to extend this innovative franchise into an action game featuring a unique cast of female characters that will appeal to gamers everywhere."

About "Kill Bill"

Uma Thurman is going to "Kill Bill," in Quentin Tarantino's latest film about a former assassin betrayed by her boss Bill (David Carradine). Four years after surviving a bullet in the head, the bride (Thurman) emerges from a coma and swears revenge on her former master and his deadly squad of international assassins, played by Lucy Liu, Daryl Hannah, Vivica A. Fox and Michael Madsen.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

SHAFTR

First off...
The film reminded me of 'Fox Force 5' mentioned in Pulp Fiction.

Second off...
this is a teaser trailer..and in my experience, teaser trailers are often not good representations of the actual film.  Perhaps this teaser is supposed to hook a different audience.  The Tarantino fans will be there no matter what the teaser shows.

With that, I do agree that the teaser did turn me off a bit, but in Tarantino I trust.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Duck Sauce

I sometimes like teasers better than the trailers, Ive watched the Requiem for a Dream teaser about 24 times.

Cecil

Quote from: Duck SauceI sometimes like teasers better than the trailers, Ive watched the Requiem for a Dream teaser about 24 times.

thats true. most of the time trailers reveal too much about the plot of the movie.

and that requiem teaser is the best.

Victor

i dont think we should expect a masterpiece, i think we should just expect what he has told us: A balls-to-the-wall action movie. It seems after this long break he's cleansing his pallete with this totally apeshit action movie. I read the 25,187 page version of the script, and it seems designed to just rock everyone's socks off. In twenty years, it might not be one of his more memorable films, I think Inglorious Bastards'll probably be better.

Im looking forward to it, though. Its gonna rock my socks off.
are you gonna eat with us too?

Recce

Quote from: SHAFTRFirst off...
The film reminded me of 'Fox Force 5' mentioned in Pulp Fiction.

Hey, that's true, it does kinda look like fox force 5. I finally saw the trailer. If it had been anyone other then tarantino, I might have thought it was stupid, but I trust him. He's going for some genius angle, I'm sure. Plus, it kinda has a style to its cheesyness. I can't wait.
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")

Cino121

First of all i have to say that kill bill just looks phenominally cool, he still keeps his pop culture MTV style dialog whilst simply making great movies.. cant wait to see it.
But my real question.. does anyone know the title of the theme song from thr trailer? ie. is it already a song or was it composed especially for the film?

Pedro

Quote from: Cino121First of all i have to say that kill bill just looks phenominally cool, he still keeps his pop culture MTV style dialog whilst simply making great movies.. cant wait to see it.
But my real question.. does anyone know the title of the theme song from thr trailer? ie. is it already a song or was it composed especially for the film?

RZA of Wu-tang fame composed it I believe especially for the film.

pixelnixel

Why did I watch the trailer? Why oh why did I just watch a darker version of Charlys Angels?  Why did I have to see an axe fly by, and then wait, Uma fly by too?  I never thought I would ever, ever, ever see an
"Uma fly-by".  why oh why oh why, eeewww e uuuu weeeeee uuuuu!
Patience builds the mind of man.  
Maintain balance while you plan.

Redlum

I thought maybe that was a Daryl Hannah fly-by
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

MacGuffin

Quote from: Cino121But my real question.. does anyone know the title of the theme song from thr trailer? ie. is it already a song or was it composed especially for the film?

The guitarist of a Japanese group called HOTEI is credited for making the music for the Kill Bill trailer. Hotei Tomoyasu was the music supervisor for the soundtrack of the yakuza picture, "New Jingi Naki tatakai." He has worked with Michael Kamen, Brian Setzer, David Bowie, etc. and exchange. He has also participated in "Merry Axemas" which Steve Vai, and "Happy Xmas". Moreover, this guitarist has performed in the closing ceremony of the Atlanta Olympics.

The song is by Hotei Tomoyasu and the song is called Shin Jingi-Naki Tatakai!

Listen to it in it's entirety
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

pete

that song's also in the movie, but just for a pump up scene, not for the actual fight scene.  there is this awesome spanish song in the fight scene (or the final part of the fight scene), it's so good.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

metroshane

Yawn.  I like Tarantino, some what, but probably will pass on this.  Maybe it's because I'm just not that big a fan of kung fu, or "chinese culture", but this looks like a big yawn fest for me.

I'm soooo tired of kung fu movies.  I mean, hell they've been doing the same kung fu movie for eons.  how 'bout a kung fu movie where somebody isn't out for revenge?
We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.