Elizabethtown

Started by nevereven, March 27, 2003, 03:55:06 PM

Sleuth

Quote from: NEON MERCURYjames franco..is the lesser of the evils......

but i'm sure that crowe is gonna end up casting the jasom mewes look-a-like from freddy vs. jason.......... :wink:

Why is Franco an evil?
I like to hug dogs

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Slobh
Quote from: NEON MERCURYjames franco..is the lesser of the evils......

but i'm sure that crowe is gonna end up casting the jasom mewes look-a-like from freddy vs. jason.......... :wink:

Why is Franco an evil?

...i 'm nnot saying he's that bad or anything its just crowe(..who i think is afine director)...should get more"upper tier" type talent and nnot have to "settle" ffor  replacements mentoined above......nnnone of thodse names strike out for me really......most poeple should lobby themselvees to work for crowe......

but i've lost hope in this since dunst was cast.... :roll:

A SECRET:  when watching spider--man ..i was so scared that dunst would ruin it for me....she had the same efffect on me as i was watching ganngs of ny and i wsas scareed that diaz would ruin the film ...but both of them didnn't but thats nnot that big of a deal as for the case w/spider-mann since  the film itself is pure "orvilliann" it can suffffer from bad actinbg and onnscreen cheessynness....

Victor

Quote from: Onomatopoeia
Ashton Kutcher was reportedly dropped from Cameron Crowe's new movie because the director was dissatisfied with his acting skills.

He was dropped, this is completely true.
are you gonna eat with us too?

MacGuffin

Orlando Bloom Moving to Elizabethtown
Source: Variety

According to Variety, Orlando Bloom has emerged as the leading candidate to replace Ashton Kutcher in director Cameron Crowe's Elizabethtown.

Bloom is in talks to star opposite Kirsten Dunst in the drama, portraying a suicidal young man who returns to his small Kentucky hometown of Elizabethtown following the death of his father.

The "Lord of the Rings" and "Pirates of the Caribbean" star would not be able to start on the film until he completes work toplining on director Ridley Scott's Kingdom of Heaven, a Crusades-era epic that begins lensing this month in Morocco for 20th Century Fox.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

©brad

Quote from: MacGuffin The Wombat...on director Ridley Scott's Kingdom of Heaven, a Crusades-era epic that begins lensing this month in Morocco for 20th Century Fox.

begins lensing? am i the only one who's never heard that before?

modage

after big fish and cold mountain i am worried about foreigners playing southerners convincingly.  the accent is such a tough thing to get right without overdoing it, or having your real voice slip out.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Banky

i want made mention in macs changing names

ono

I was just thinking about something I first thought about when I read bits and pieces of the script review.  Not sure if it's anything really significant, but it could be.  Is it just me, or does anyone else see the resemblance to Godard's Breathless in this long phone conversation scene and the bedroom scene that takes up about a third of Godard's film?  I don't know, it's 3 AM and I'm resisting sleep, and that's just something to think about.  I don't really think too highly of Crowe in general, but this film does seem to have promise.  Of course, I thought Vanilla Sky had promise before I realized it was Abre los ojos, and looked what happened there.  But we'll see.

modage

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaOf course, I thought Vanilla Sky had promise before I realized it was Abre los ojos, and looked what happened there.
he made a flawed, but still better than the original, film with a lot of interesting ideas?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Banky

i think VS is nearly perfect

ono

Quote from: themodernage02
Quote from: OnomatopoeiaOf course, I thought Vanilla Sky had promise before I realized it was Abre los ojos, and looked what happened there.
he made a flawed, but still better than the original, film with a lot of interesting ideas?
Pretty much.  Vanilla Sky and Abre los ojos were pretty much decent films that could've been amazing ones.  But some parts of Vanilla Sky, remember, were vastly inferior to Abre los ojos.  The Americanization (bastardization), and the ending in general, especially.  It really rubbed me the wrong way, especially after finally seeing Abre los ojos.  But that's beside the point.

Yes, Crowe referencing Godard.  Anyone?

Banky

Quote from: SydneyI think that Richard Roeper described it best by saying that Open Your Eyes is more like the acoustic version and Vanilla Sky is the full orchestrated version.

i agree with this

MacGuffin

Source: Dark Horizons

Elizabethtown
Jane Fonda is apparently back in talks to play Orlando's mother who has a mid-life crisis of sorts upon the death of her husband. She had the offer early on and passed because she wanted something meatier. Looks like this is serious.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Sarandon, Biel & Greer in Crowe's Elizabethtown
Source: Variety

Paramount has tapped Susan Sarandon for Cameron Crowe's romantic comedy Elizabethtown, starring along with Kirsten Dunst and Orlando Bloom, reports Variety. Also in talks are Judy Greer for the role of Heather, Jessica Biel for Ellen and Loudon Wainwright III for Uncle Dale. Paula Dean is also in negotiations for a role.

Sarandon is in talks to portray the role of the mother of Bloom's character for the project, produced by Crowe and Paramount-based Cruise/Wagner with filming expected to start this summer.

Described as a love letter to the resilience of the life force, the project centers on an unexpected romance that develops against the backdrop of the elaborate memorial for a Kentucky patriarch.

Skeleton FilmWorks

SoNowThen

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no noooooooooooooo....
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.