The Darjeeling Limited

Started by Fjodor, July 16, 2006, 04:18:42 AM

MacGuffin

Wilson & Anderson Reunite for Darjeeling
Source: Production Weekly

Production Weekly reports that Owen Wilson will reunite with his long-time friend Wes Anderson on the director's next project, The Darjeeling Limited.

In the script, by Anderson, Roman Coppola and Jason Schwartzman, Wilson will play one of three brothers who journey through India.

The project is eyeing a December production start. Wilson and Anderson previously worked together on Bottle Rocket, Rushmore (with Schwartzman), The Royal Tenenbaums and The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

wow.  bye bye Noah.  i guess this means schwarzman will likely be in this film?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SiliasRuby

Quote from: modage on August 04, 2006, 10:56:13 AM
wow.  bye bye Noah.  i guess this means schwarzman will likely be in this film?
I certainly hope so.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

MacGuffin

Jason Schwartzman and Adrien Brody: The Missing Wilson Brothers?
Source: Cinematical

It seems like just the other day we were telling you that Owen Wilson had finally confirmed that he will be starring in Wes Anderson's new flick, The Darjeeling Limited. We know very little at this point about the film other than it's about three brothers, it's going to be filmed in India.

Now we have new news on the film, straight from Wilson's mouth to the ear of Australian paper the Herald-Sun, that his brothers in the film will be played by Adrien Brody and the film's co-writer, Jason Schwartzman:

What are you doing next?

I think I'm working on a movie about these kids who are getting bullied and they hire me as a bodyguard. Then there's a movie I'm going to do with Wes in India, that Wes wrote and is directing. It's about three brothers -- with me, Jason Schwartzman and Adrian Brody.

But it's not a Bollywood movie?

No. It's going to be wild. Wes assures me it's great, and I kind of believe him because I think of myself as more likely to go some place where I'd be roughing it before Wes. He likes staying in five-star hotels, and nice things.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,19994426-5006123,00.html

In related minutiae, a West Hollywood casting agency has posted this L.A. craigslist ad:

SEEKING ALL INDIAN/SOUTH ASIAN WOMEN, ACTRESSES AND NON ACTRESSES, FOR NEW WES ANDERSON FILM, "THE DARJEELING LIMITED". Shooting in India December-February 2006/2007.

Seeking the following roles:
RITA- 20's-mid 30's-Indian/South Asian. Attractive, intelligent and articulate, she is a stewardess on a train in India. English speaking, Hindi a plus but not necessary.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ultrahip

This sounds fucking great. Does anyone have any clue what the title means?

modage

not sure how i feel about adrien brody.  better than heath ledger, but i cant really picture it.  it may be time for everyone to go back and revisit CQ though.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

edison

A Matter Of Chance

last days of gerry the elephant

Ravi

Quote from: MacGuffin on August 05, 2006, 10:35:42 AM
In related minutiae, a West Hollywood casting agency has posted this L.A. craigslist ad:

SEEKING ALL INDIAN/SOUTH ASIAN WOMEN, ACTRESSES AND NON ACTRESSES, FOR NEW WES ANDERSON FILM, "THE DARJEELING LIMITED". Shooting in India December-February 2006/2007.

Seeking the following roles:
RITA- 20's-mid 30's-Indian/South Asian. Attractive, intelligent and articulate, she is a stewardess on a train in India. English speaking, Hindi a plus but not necessary.

The full ad

Subject: CASTING - THE DARJEELING LIMITED (South Asian Woman)

"THE DARJEELING LIMITED"- UPCOMING WES ANDERSON FEATURE FILM – Starring Owen Wilson, Adrien Brody, Jason Schwartzman

SEEKING ALL INDIAN/SOUTH ASIAN WOMEN, ACTRESSES AND NON ACTRESSES,

FOR NEW WES ANDERSON FILM, "THE DARJEELING LIMITED". Shooting in India December-February 2006/2007.

Seeking the following role:

Talent may contact the office directly however they must identify who passed on the information so that they can be sure you are legitimate talent. Code word is "Geeta Citygirl" and "Nouveau IDEA".

If INTERESTED IN BEING CONSIDERED FOR THIS FILM, please send snapshot and letter (non-returnable) ASAP to:

Cindy Tolan
"The Darjeeling Limited" Casting
609 Greenwich Ave, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10014

Email-dlcasting@gmail.com

Or Call - 212-430-5094

bonanzataz

Quote from: edison on August 05, 2006, 08:45:07 PM
Quote from: Ultrahip on August 05, 2006, 05:00:43 PM
This sounds fucking great. Does anyone have any clue what the title means?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darjeeling

it's also my favorite tea...

and...
poor cindy tolan('s office bitches)...
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Ravi

I got a feeling that Sheetal Sheth will end up as Rita.

modage

polkablues

Quote from: Those lunatics from Steely DanYou could go with some kind of "film within a film" or even a "film within a film within a film" or some such pomo horseshit, just like Godard's "King Lear" or whatever.

Out of that whole mess, this one sentence had me laughing out loud.  But seriously, Steely Dan, get a new hobby.
My house, my rules, my coffee

MacGuffin

Fox joins Anderson on 'Darjeeling'
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Fox Searchlight is getting into the Wes Anderson business. The Fox specialty division will be the home of the writer-director's latest project, "The Darjeeling Limited," which will star Anderson vets Owen Wilson, Jason Schwartzman and Adrien Brody. Principal photography is set to begin at year's end in India.

The three will play brothers on a spiritual journey through India after the death of their father.

"Darjeeling" is based on a screenplay from Anderson, Schwartzman and Roman Coppola. Anderson and Coppola will serve as producers on the film.

Searchlight specializes in offbeat, quirky fare, which happens to be Anderson's trademark. Anderson's previous films, "Rushmore," "The Royal Tenenbaums" and "The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou," were all made for Touchstone Pictures under the guidance of Nina Jacobson, former president of the Walt Disney Motion Picture Group.

Scott Rudin is producing through his Scott Rudin Prods. shingle in addition to Lydia Pilcher and her Cine Mosaic label. Pilcher recently partnered with Searchlight on Mira Nair's "The Namesake," also an India-based production based on the novel by Jhumpa Lahiri.

Wilson has appeared in all of Anderson's films, going back to his debut, "Bottle Rocket." He also co-wrote "Rocket," "Rushmore" and "Tenenbaums."

Schwartzman starred in "Rushmore." He will next be seen in Sofia Coppola's "Marie Antoinette."

Brody, the newcomer to the Anderson fold, will next be seen in "Hollywoodland."

Skeleton FilmWorks