What Did You Think Of Matrix Revolutions?

Started by Cathartic Cleansing, October 15, 2003, 01:11:30 PM

RegularKarate

That's it... I'm giving in to the power of spoilage!

I'm gonna find a copy of the bootleg Revolutions and make an animated avatar of the last scene!  And I'm changing my title to Black Mamba's real name!  Who's gonna help me figure out who'll win in the next Freddy VS. Whoever movie?  I need it for my signature.

Weak2ndAct

The fat guy and the dumb guy gave it two thumbs up, but said it was the weakest of the three movies.  "Too much action, not enough of that wonderful dialogue."  Gripe when there's too much dialogue, gripe when there's not enough blah blah blah

©brad

just for the record-- this will be the official thread for revolutions, so post all ur stuff in here after u see it.

MacGuffin

Interview with Joel Silver here. He talks about the Matrix films, the Special Edition DVD that was pulled (it will come out soon), Wonder Woman and more.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Fernando

Who are the Wachowskis? From Countingdown.com.

November 3, 2003 — Ever wonder who the Wachowski Brothers are and what motivates them?... Tonight @ 8p.m.. Techtv will have a special show called Unmasking 'The Matrix' Makers, and More...

Link to techtv site.

markums2k

Quote from: MacGuffin... the Special Edition DVD that was pulled ...

There are many things that are certain in this world.  Like, for instance, gravity... and all-new special edition re-release DVDs.  But I'm not complaining.  I'm actually pretty excited...  :-D   I won't have to play through that crappy game after all!

Quote from: Some Article MonkeyLord Joel: Yeah, we decided to do it now.  The boys always wanted to re-transfer the first film.  They weren't really happy with it.  They always thought it was too light.  They didn't really have the time then.  They want to re-transfer 1 and they want to connect all of the scenes that they shot for the videogame with the DVD.  There'll be some kind of an icon that you'll go to that go right to the scenes from the videogame that will continue and then you can go back to the movie.  You'll be able to follow all of that and then do a lot of stuff that they want to do, so there'll be a big three-part next fall.  That's our intention.

edison

I pat myself on the back for not buying any matrix dvd cause i knew this would happen.

Ghostboy

Okay, time for the (I think) first official Xixax review.

First, a recap. I loved the first one, mostly liked but entirely unimpressed by the second.

Revolutions is awesome. I dug the hell out of it and I'm willing to defend it against any detractors. There are tons of problems, and its frequently really cheesy, but I dismiss all those things because what it does right is just extraordinary and somehow all the goofy stuff ends up working pretty well. The siege on Zion...man, even if you don't care for the movie, that extended sequence will make you have trouble breathing. The whole movie is thirty minutes shorter than Reloaded, and it's a nonstop rush -- but even with so much more going on, it feels more realistic, more human. I didn't care much about anything in Reloaded, but everything here grabbed me and captivated me. The special effects are amazing, of course, but unlike the last film, I never once thought "Oh, that's a special effect." Everything works.

I won't say I love it, because I know how objectivity can take over once exihleration wears off...but I left completely satisfied.

I imagine everyone will have seen it in a week, and then we can get down to the nitty-gritty spoilerific details.

Kal

good review... i'm about to jump out the window if i dont see this movie already.. about 36 hours to go...

Banky

Quote from: Ghostboy
I imagine everyone will have seen it in a week, and then we can get down to the nitty-gritty spoilerific details.

that is fucking awsome

not to s your d GB but your one of the few on this site who will make me read a thread because it reads your name under Last Post

RegularKarate

Banky

Gold Trumpet

Ghostboy, think I'll like it? I'm going into this with no hope of anything good.

Ghostboy

modage

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetGhostboy, think I'll like it? I'm going into this with no hope of anything good.

i hate when you say things like that.  why go at all then?  i mean, go with lowered expectations but if you are going with "NO HOPE OF ANYTHING GOOD", why go?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.