another matrix thread (hot potato)

Started by sphinx, March 18, 2003, 06:31:10 PM

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Satcho9

looks fucking cool...again....jesus...how many pairs of pants am I going to have to shit in?

Raikus

Quote from: picolasyep. they're good fun. i had higher hopes for A Detective Story, though...coming from the same guy who wrote Macross Plus...eh...World Record and Kid's Story still seem kinda promising.

He also is responsible for Cowboy Bebop. People need to check out that series. Great animation and storyline. As far as Detective Story, it was still good, but all of his other work outshined this venture by a lot.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

BonBon85

Quote from: RaikusHe also is responsible for Cowboy Bebop. People need to check out that series. Great animation and storyline.

Cowboy Bebop's pretty cool. The best part is the music. Just watch the opening title sequence and you'll be hooked on the series.

sphinx

i think the internet will break when the new matrix trailer arrives tomorrow

picolas

Quote from: sphinxi think the internet will break when the new matrix trailer arrives tomorrow

looks like it...the windows i was using to play the FECKIN' AMAZING NEW TRAILER have all but frozen.

http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/

:!:   :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:  :shock:  :-D / :!:

Satcho9

You know what else broke?...The control of my bowel movements....What a good fucking trailer.

also check out this very in depth article on John Gaeta and the FX of Reloded...
http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/11.05/matrix2_pr.html

RegularKarate

Looks fucking great... a tad cartoon effects in parts, but still looks like a worthy sequel.

Ghostboy

I love it when you see something so cool it just makes you smile and laugh in disbelief. That trailer did it, for sure. Special effects are so great when used well.

budgie

It gives meaning to life again. Keanu should never make any other movies. Love everything except the look of the underground cavern and that final shot of the outside, both of which shout Clones/LOTR. ie The Matrix looks a lot more exciting and realler than reality... oh wait...

Why is reality always shit-colored?

Nice av, RK.

BonBon85

nice av, budgie.

Sheesh, so much stuff to buy in June, PDL, Radiohead, and Chuck's new nonfiction!

budgie

Quote from: BonBon85nice av, budgie.

Sheesh, so much stuff to buy in June... Chuck's new nonfiction!

Yeah, can't wait. Thought it was July, though. Oh, wait, d'you mean his book on Portland or the non-fiction that was up on Chuck.net? Hadn't caught when that was out... if it's June then it's gonna be a great summer with two collections. Love Chuck, love him to bits, and he's getting better and better.

Sleuth

Hi, I like Chuck and have read everything up to Lullaby but I don't feel like searching through the official site, so could anybody please catch me up on things he's done or plans to do after Lullaby
I like to hug dogs

budgie

Quote from: tremoloslothHi, I like Chuck and have read everything up to Lullaby but I don't feel like searching through the official site, so could anybody please catch me up on things he's done or plans to do after Lullaby

http://www.chuckpalahniuk.net/revival.php

Plus Fugitives and Refugees, his travel guide to Portland in July.
Seems the Non-Fiction (Stranger Than Fiction) is in progress. If you really like his writing, it's worth visiting the Non-Fiction section on the site while it's still there because apparently Chuck will have it taken down as he develops the book.

picolas

old news, but:

ooh

aah

mmeh

click for largeables