Ju-On

Started by Ghostboy, February 09, 2003, 11:56:03 PM

Ghostboy

I just watched the trailer for this Japanese horror movie called JUON. Definitely one of the scariest trailers I've seen in a long time. Apparently, Dreamworks is pursuing the remake rights...

Follow this link to AICN to see it....

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=13969

Ghostboy

I think this was like my third post ever on this site. Anyway, that remake mentioned above now has a trailer, viewable here. I've got a dub of the original, and this new one looks pretty faithful to it, aside from the anglicization of a few characters.

FeloniousFunk

I rented the original ju-on....and it was possibly one of the scariest movies i've seen in a long time. I think the DVD is coming out on December 14th, so definitely check it out. The director of the original, Takashi Shimizu, is also directing the remake with Sarah Michelle Gellar, so I am looking forward to it.

Sleuth

bump because I finally watched the awesome trailer and everyone else should
I like to hug dogs

RegularKarate

yeah, the trailer rules.  they're having a screening of this next month here... can't wait.

Sleuth

for Juon or The Grudge?
I like to hug dogs

RegularKarate

Sorry, I hadn't read that...

Ju-On... I missed the early screen, but saw the movie today.

It's really not that good.  couple of creepy parts... the rest was actually kind of amateurish and funny.

this is one of those rare cases where I think the remake might actually be better... hard to say... just think it could use some quicker pacing.

Thing is.. I don't see how Sarah Michelle Gellar can really be the "Star" of the remake... there are like ten main characters in the movie.

MacGuffin

Lions Gate Home Entertainment has announced Ju-On: The Grudge which stars Megumi Okina, Misaki Ito and Yui Ichikawa. The disc will be available to own from the 9th November this year, and should set you back somewhere in the region of $24.98. The film itself will be presented in anamorphic widescreen along with a Japanese Dolby Digital 5.1 track and English 2.0 Surround track.  Extras on the disc are set to include an audio commentary with Sam Raimi and Scott Spiegel, behind the scenes footage, cast and crew interviews, deleted scenes, the theatrical trailer as well as a Trailer Gallery. English and Spanish subtitles will also be provided.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Quote from: RegularKarateSorry, I hadn't read that...

Ju-On... I missed the early screen, but saw the movie today.

It's really not that good.  couple of creepy parts... the rest was actually kind of amateurish and funny.

this is one of those rare cases where I think the remake might actually be better... hard to say... just think it could use some quicker pacing.

Thing is.. I don't see how Sarah Michelle Gellar can really be the "Star" of the remake... there are like ten main characters in the movie.
yeah watched the original today.  not very good, not even that scary.  the remake seemed to be a little bit better with a few minor changes and actually managing to have a handful of decent scares.  but i also thought the ring was superior to ringu.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

meatball

The original 70 minute video release of Ju-on was the best version. The horror of it all decreased with every sequel/remake following.

RegularKarate

Gross, it got worse?