Brett Ratner

Started by Spike, June 13, 2003, 04:09:31 PM

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: HedwigFilmmaker Brett Ratner Found Dead, Dismembered

Ha!  This would be the only way he could get his name in the same sentence as Pasolini's.

MacGuffin

Ratner to BREAK Free
Through an overall deal with 20th Century Fox TV, big screen vet Brett Ratner will direct and executive produce the drama pilot Prison Break.

Brett Ratner will be making a Prison Break. The filmmaker is moving to the small screen to executive produce and direct the drama pilot for Fox Broadcasting. The new series - from 20th Century Fox TV, Adelstein-Parouse Prods. and Original Film - centers on an elaborate prison break that will take place over the course of 22 episodes.

With a script by Paul Scheuring, Prison Break centers on an engineer and his brother, who is on death row but insists that he is innocent. In order to help his brother escape, the engineer has himself incarcerated in the same prison - a prison that he helped design. Before his imprisonment, however, the engineer has the blueprint of the jail tattooed on his torso.

Both Ratner and Scheuring will receive executive producing credit on the pilot, as will Dawn Parouse and Marty Adelstein of Adelstein-Parouse and Original Film's Neal Moritz. Ratner's Rat TV, based at 20th TV, will also receive producing credit.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cowboykurtis

in this months INTERVIEW magazine w/ gwen paltrow on the cover, robert evans interviews ratner.

i was suprised to find out that ratner has lived with evans for the last year.

also evans is about to finish his second memoir ( which im excited about) and he intends to make it into a narrative film, which will be his 'last film' and his masterpeice and guess who he wants to take the helm. his roomie brett rattner.
...your excuses are your own...

Redlum

Hmm, Ratner was interviewed on the Kid Stays in the Picture DVD at a tribute for Evans. He was saying how they get along really well because Evans is one the few people in Hollywood who really loves movies and can talk and talk about them.

Kind of makes me think about Evans giving Ratner the wisdom of his years and turning him into a super-producer.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

mehico

Tucker and Ratner To Testify at Jacko Trial

Hollywood director Brett Ratner and actor Chris Tucker are expected to testify at Michael Jackson's child molestation trial. The Rush Hour film-maker and funnyman Tucker met Jackson's child accuser and his relatives before the Thriller superstar had even met the teenage boy. Illinois newspaper Chicago Sun-Times reports Ratner and Tucker invited the accuser's family to spend time on the set of the crime caper in early 2001. Tucker went on to fly the family back and forth between Miami, Florida and Jackson's Neverland Ranch in California in 2003, the place where the singer is alleged to have molested the youngster. The movie stars are expected to brand the family were "gold-diggers", backing up Jackson's allegations. Jackson's trial on 10 felony charges of child molestation, administering an intoxicating agent, and conspiracy involving allegations of child abduction, false imprisonment and extortion started in Santa Maria, California on Monday.
You are the son of incestuous union.

Two Lane Blacktop

about "After The Sunset"  (MP3 format)

Note: I know nothing about Ratner nor "After The Sunset," but I know some of y'all have...  opinions.  Enjoy.  

2LB
Body by Guinness

pete

he was on Charlie Rose?!

EDIT: HE TALKED SHIT ABOUT JACKIE CHAN?!
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

I Don't Believe in Beatles

Ratner is probably my favorite director of all time.  The first time I saw Rush Hour, I swooned.  When I saw it a second time, I swooned again.  The third time I saw it, I also swooned.  When I heard they were making a sequel, I swooned.  When I actually saw the sequel, I swooned again.  Then I found out about these other films he had made so I just had to search them out.... well, actually, I never found them but if I did see them I'd probably love them just as much as I love Rush Hour 1 and 2!   :-D  :-D  :kiss:  :yabbse-grin:  :yabbse-wink:
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

mogwai

Quote from: Gingerswooned
is that a pic of your cat attacking you after being fed up with your (peculiar) brett ratner obsession?

I Don't Believe in Beatles

No, that was my cat trying to hug me for my obsession (he loves Brett also, whenever he sees that I'm watching a Brett Ratner film, he starts meowing loudly nonstop out of love).
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Tryskadekafobia

Anyone else think the "Before, During, and After the Sunset"
supplemental is a poor-man's "That Moment"?

Stefen

Anyone else think ginger is funny and HOT AS FUCK?!
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

atticus jones

Quote from: StefenAnyone else think ginger is funny and HOT AS FUCK?!

so you're thinking now?...why not just stick to the mindless shit you spew on a regular basis...

the board wouldnt be a bored without you
my cause is the cause of a man who has never been defeated, and whose whole being is one all devouring, god given holy purpose

MacGuffin

Tucker Set for Rush Hour 3
Third flick coming next year.

Chris Tucker has apparently decided to exclusively make Rush Hour movies for the rest of his career.  According to today's Variety, Tucker is expected to sign a big-money deal today to star in a third film in the action-comedy franchise. Since 1998, Tucker has only made two films: Rush Hour and Rush Hour 2.

Co-star Jackie Chan and director Brett Ratner are both expected to return for the third film.

Jeff Nathanson, who wrote Rush Hour 2 and just completed his draft of Indiana Jones 4, will write the script.

The trade adds that Rush Hour 3 will cost around $100 to make and will start shooting late fall for a projected 2006 release.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks