Official RADIOHEAD thread

Started by Duck Sauce, January 11, 2003, 05:54:58 PM

N

cronopio 2

down is the new up is pretty much a bond theme already: 

cronopio2

Jeremy, and people interested:

a few months ago i listened to a band called Ultraista, which is Nigel Godrich's pet project and it's quite simple to dig if you like radiohead.

the album is kind of hard to get, even on the web, but most songs are on youtube.

here's the single:

Jeremy Blackman

Nice. Another Nigel side project thing that I like:

ono

Two new Radiohead songs, and other Radiohead/Thom Yorke stuff.

from r/radiohead

Drenk

Quote from: ono on December 05, 2015, 12:54:21 AM
Two new Radiohead songs, and other Radiohead/Thom Yorke stuff.

from r/radiohead

I was there! It was amazing. He played Fake Plastic Tree tonight, it was amazing (yes, amazing amazing amazing, everything is amazing, etc). His voice is strong. And he seemed to have a lot of fun.

I'm really excited for the next Radiohead album, for the next live...it's amazing to have Radiohead (and all the Radiohead related projects) in my life.
Ascension.

Lottery

His performances of Bloom and The Present Tense were amazing. The new songs have potential too, it will be really interesting to see how the band arranges the material.

Yeah, it's good to see him doing/enjoying this. I wish his solo albums could be as powerful and natural sounding (I mean it's good but he just sounds so damn great with just a guitar/piano/looper/healthy dose of reverb).

Drenk

Yes, when he started to play The Clock with his guitar I thought it were something else. And Default with Flea was insane, I never thought Default would make me dance!
Ascension.

tpfkabi

"Natural sounding" would be good.
He's been hung up on that 90's-00's Warp Records bleep and bloop sound for too long.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Jeremy Blackman

The new stuff is really beautiful.

The recently-released and much-hyped 2008 Prince cover of Creep... not so much.

Does he realize that the original lyrics had meaning? The song kind of loses something when it's just random variations on "you wish you were special," "I wish you were special" etc. And they couldn't even be bothered to get the chords right.

However, 5:43 to the end is actually kind of amazing.

Lottery

https://soundcloud.com/radiohead/spectre

Radiohead attempt at the Spectre theme. Destroys Sam Smith blandness.

N

Way better! I doubt the film could have lived up to it.

Drenk

Spectre is a bad movie, I'm glad it didn't make it. Glad we have a new Radiohead song. It has been almost five years since the last recorded new Radiohead song...
Ascension.

cronopio2

that might've made a better film.

cronopio2