how to get away with murder

Started by 03, November 22, 2014, 05:13:55 PM

How to Get Away with Murder is an American serial legal drama series that premiered on ABC on September 25, 2014. The series was created by Peter Nowalk, produced by Shonda Rhimes and distributed by ABC Studios. Viola Davis stars as a law professor at a prestigious Philadelphia university who, with her students, becomes entwined in a murder plot. The series airs in the slot after Scandal on Thursdays at 10:00 p.m.
-

is anyone other than me and my girlfriend watching this?
there is amazing acting in this but sadly in only a few of the characters.
the writing is amazing but sadly diminished by the bad actors and the weird csi editing.

all of that aside: this show is fucking awesome. its a very interesting and intricate murder mystery. the main actors, viola davis, alfred enoch, freaking kill it, everyone else goes into bullshit tv drama mode.

it's basically house if he was a law professor mixed with burn notice if they didnt have their lives threatened.

give it a shot. the cliffhangers are hard hitting. the good moments are brilliant. the music is amazing. the flashbacks are fresh.

mid season premiere was very good. anyone sleeping on this show should give it a shot.

polkablues

I'll try and catch up with it over the summer. It's a Shonda Rhimes show, so it should have about three seasons of quality before it jumps headfirst off the rails.
My house, my rules, my coffee

this and fargo are two of the most exciting things on television right now.
everyone needs to get on this show. mid season finale tonight was insane.
definitely the brba of mystery crime shows or whatever this genre is.

Jeremy Blackman

I made it through 3-4 episodes, I think, and I'm really hitting some roadblocks.

This is one of the most perverted shows I've ever seen. Why must half the characters be sex addicts? Does anyone in real life forcibly make their partners late for things this often? It's obviously supposed to be titillating and steamy, but it's just so dumb.

Also, the professor's skinny assistant with dyed blonde hair is supremely annoying. Does she die?

Can a fan of this show point me to a couple particularly good/crazy episodes? I don't care about spoilers.

yeah the sex in the show is definitely the worst part.
the mid season finales are usually pretty nuts and exciting and the reveals are very original if you just want to skip to those.
bonnie gets better. you might remember her from gilmore girls, where she was a hundred times worse.
and you know, the show may just not be for you, which is completely understandable. i had to be forced to watch it and was super reticent, but eventually got hooked.

yeah there are very few things that disturb me. as most of you know, my favorite films are very disturbing.
but this last episode definitely crossed the line. not sure why it got on network tv. goodness gracious.

i can't believe you guys aren't watching this.
the writing and plot structure are absolutely amazing.
this new season is insanely good.