paddington 2

Started by samsong, January 22, 2018, 02:11:29 AM

samsong

an immaculate confection, and exceptionally well crafted.  watched the first one after the superlative reviews for this one came flowing in (it's on netflix), and it's delightful.  this is completely next level and brilliant.  one of the best kids movies ever made, and one of the most disarming, charming, fun, silly movies ive ever seen.  hope paul king's career takes off after this, as hes clearly an enormous talent.  i genuinely loved this movie.  see this in theaters.

samsong

you motherfuckers need to go see this in the theater before it goes.  saw it again last night, and it's perfect.

Pedro

I watched the first one for homework and thought it was adorable, so I will report back soon. 

Alexandro

yes, modage. this was quite the trip. this is why I love xixax and keep coming back. there's no way I would have seen this film on my own, but modage's enthusiastic rave was enough to send me, my girl and my kids to see it without knowing the first film. It is fucking hilarious, nice, dumb, charismatic. All the actors are incredible, the comic timing is perfect. Hugh Grant really sinks his theet into this madness. A very welcome surprise.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

samsong