Project Greenlight

Started by MacGuffin, June 21, 2003, 09:22:56 AM

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

EL__SCORCHO

JESSICA: Don't you think the way Efram talks is annoying as hell? I mean the way he actually moves his lips and makes pauses, it freaks me out. I can;t imaginae what it must be like to have to talk to him in person.

Who of the 2 directors did you get along with better?

PS-Phillip Seymour Hoffman IS amazing. You should try and get that guy for anything you ever get the chance to do, seriously. He rocks!

jasper_window

Quote from: MacGuffin

Do you know of a release date?

MacGuffin

Quote from: jasper_windowDo you know of a release date?

Release Date: August 22nd, 2003 (LA/NY); expands to other cities at later dates.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

jasper_window

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: jasper_windowDo you know of a release date?

Release Date: August 22nd, 2003 (LA/NY); expands to other cities at later dates.

Thank You.

Gold Trumpet

I saw the last episode. Definitely a blunder filled episode of these two directors screwing up at every single point because they are worried about their "position" and keeping it intact. I'm not going to say I know the first thing of movie making and set processes, but the obvious complaints against them by everyone smelled like fuck ups in the most minor of things to do. They just looked dumb and protective of the "Director is God" bullshit.

And yes, the producer Chris Moore is da man.

~rougerum

Ghostboy

The guy from the last one is making a new movie...it started shooting today, is going to be finished in time for a Sundance submission, and is being chronicled over at Film Threat, at http://www.filmthreat.com/Features.asp?Id=750

It sounded good until he got to the part about casting the lead. Now I predict a debacle. But it's a nice subject, so maybe things will look up.

aclockworkjj

I watched the trailer for this...at first I was like .."oh, maybe, sorta"...but once I found out it was what won Greenlight..."this muthafucker is gay!"

I will still end up seeing it though, as it could be a sleeper.

mindfuck

Quote from: GhostboyIt sounded good until he got to the part about casting the lead. Now I predict a debacle. But it's a nice subject, so maybe things will look up.

I just read who he cast as the lead. Let me just say this: Hahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha... *breathe* ahahahahahhahaahhahahahahahahahahahahah... oooh boy *wipes away the tears*

SoNowThen

does anybody else think the trailer looks pretty good?
I mean, it's not that I want to like this movie, but hell, if I knew nothing more than a preview I saw of it, I'd want to go see the movie...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

jasper_window

Does anyone know how the film did at the box office this weekend?

MacGuffin

Weekend Gross: $52,000
Number of Screens: 5
Per Screen Average: $10,400

Skeleton FilmWorks

jasper_window

Xixax

About like their test scores. Wanted a 90. Got a 45.

I'm very sad that Greenlight is over. I'm so addicted to it.

I was pretty amazed to see that Jessica (the director who I was rooting for in the veyr beginning) paid our humble little message board a visit.

There's no doubt in my mind that if she had won, that the movie would be far better.

Yeah, it's pretty pretentious of me to say that without even having seen Kyle and Efram's version, but I believed her. When she sold herself, I believed she had a vision for the script and I was really sad that it was given to a couple of dopes like Kyle and Efram.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Alethia

i still think the film looks good tho, judging from the trailer